24. Winter Formal Pt.2

Start from the beginning

Bella hates the sight shes laid her eyes upon. She feels such embarrassment that the mess in that tub is her mother and the psychotic asshole downstairs is her father. The brunette got down on her knees, settling her arms atop the tub. "Give me the gun" She speaks softly and the woman hands it to her. Bella set it on top of the toilet bowl and helped her mom get up. "You've embarrassed me for the last time. I've had enough with you, don't you ever come back here again" The teens says, grabbing her mom's face to get her full attention. "Do you understand?" She speaks clearly, making sure the woman is listening at the very least.

Elvia nods, stumbling out of the bathroom and Kev immediately grabs ahold of her-gesturing her downstairs. Bella grabbed the 9 mm from her toilet and walked downstairs to face her father. She put a hand on the man's shoulder, gesturing him out of the house as Kev called Bella's mom a cab. The teen grabbed her father's wallet and took out two hundreds, knowing her mother also had the money she stole from her clutch earlier. The brunette walked down to the curb and handed the money to her mom. "Stay at a hotel and I'll make sure dad gets you a flight home" She says, moving her mother's hair out of her face. Then her expression softens as she pats the woman's head affectionately. "And get some help. Please. I don't need to be hearing they found you dead in a ditch somewhere"

Elvia nods, grabbing her daughter's hands and pulling her close. "I will" She nods before whispering. "I promise"

Bella doesn't believe her but she smiles before walking away as she gets the rest of the money out her dad's wallet. "Arturo, estoy tomando este dinero porque me lo merezco y vas a tener que llamar a alguien para arreglar mi puerta."
[I'm taking this money because I deserve it and you're gonna have to call someone to fix my door]

The cartel-leader nods, pulling out his phone to call his men to pick him up. They weren't very far, staying in the area in case something bad happened. He took the wallet back, stuffing it in his pocket as he informed them of the current situation. "How about I add a hundred dollars to your allowance?" He asks, putting an arm around his daughter but she pushes him off.

"That's fine but I don't forgive you for shit" Bella growls, crossing her arms and looking the other way. "I was trying to have a good night but you two ruined it like you ruin everything" She sighs in disappointment, she was supposed to be having fun right now. Losing your virginity, that's what you should be doing right now. Bella shakes her head at her own thoughts, how tragic.

"Ya sabes, el mundo no te debe nada" Arturo leans in close and the teen rolls her eyes in annoyance.
[You know, the world owes you nothing]

"Con un padre como tú, el mundo me debe todo" Bella laughs, walking away from her dad as she silently hopes this is the last time she'll see him in person. "I'm gonna go inside...thanks for everything" She awkwardly says to Kev, V, Fiona and Carl-all of them were aware that this may be the best current apology they could get from the at times emotionless girl. They knew she was tired, and once she was okay with the whole situation herself-she would come around on her own terms.
[With a dad like you, the world owes me everything]

Bella Leticia Zambada-García doesn't know how long she sat there, just listening as the cars finally drove off and she could breathe a sigh of relief. Carl decided he was staying with Bella tonight and as the adults bid each other goodbye, he went inside the house. The teen didn't expect to find Bella on the steps, silently looking down as he joined her on the staircase. He immediately wrapped an arm around her and she couldn't help but bury her face in his neck. She wasn't sobbing like she had earlier but he could feel a small wet spot form on his shirt from her silent tears.

"You okay?" Carl finally asks, rubbing her arm comfortingly as he held her close. The brunette only nodded and he didn't say anything else, just holding her for as long as she needed. They stayed in that position for a while, both silent as she listened to his heartbeat peacefully.