Bad News

Another wonderful day.

At least, to Lizzie it was. After all, what wasn't wonderful about getting to spend the day with the love of your life.

Well, you'd be the love of her life soon.

She had packed enough food to feed a small family today. Lizzie planned to have a picnic, just the two of you. She found the perfect spot and brought a lovely blanket for the both of you to lay on. 

Today would be the day she made you hers.

Entering the class she shared with you, she quickly scanned the area. Lizzie didn't have to look long, since you came right up to her.

"Lizzie, I have great news!" You were smiling so brightly, and when you grabbed her hands to intertwine them in yours, she almost melted.

She smiled back at you, "Really? Must be pretty great if you're this excited."

"Yeah! Oh I can't wait to tell you."

"Why not tell me now, silly?" She giggled.

"I can't. Not yet." Letting go of her hands, Lizzie had to stop herself from reaching out and grabbing them herself. "Don't worry though, I'll tell you today when the time is right."

You practically skipped back to your desk. It was absolutely adorable. Lizzie was excited to see whatever made you act so giddy.

Class went as usual. You and Lizzie sat next to each other, you worked on your assignments together, and Lizzie got more excited as lunch time approached.

Once class ended, the two of you headed towards the library. Lizzie was getting ready to ask you to join her for her picnic.

"Uh, so, [Y/n]-"

"Heya, Baby Cakes!"

Sparrow was quickly shushed by the two librarians. "Sorry..."

He quickly, but quietly made his way over to the two of you.

"Hey." He brought his hand up to ruffle your hair a bit. You let out a shy giggle and stared at the floor.

"Um..." You and Sparrow looked towards Lizzie. She took a deep breath and braced herself, "What's all this?"

You grabbed onto Sparrow's arm and gave the same bright smile you had in the classroom. "This is what I was going to tell you about!"

No.

Lizzie felt her heart speed up. This isn't what she thought it was, was it? It couldn't be.

"Sparrow is my boyfriend!"

It was.

"R-really?"

You nodded in excitement. Sparrow reached down and planted a kiss on top of your head.

Lizzie's grip loosened. The basket carrying all of her picnic supplies fell onto the floor.

The thump of the basket hitting the floor brought Lizzie back. Quickly she leaned down to grab the items that fell out.

More hands came down to help her.

"Are you okay, Lizzie?"

"Yeah, you're lookin' pretty pale."

"I'm fine." She needed to get out of there. "Here."

She roughly shoved the basket into Sparrow's chest. "I've gotta go."

"Lizzie, what's wrong?" You didn't know why she was acting like this. Was she sick? Did something happen?

She didn't stop. She left the library without looking back.

You were really worried. And you almost ran after her, but then Sparrow called you. "Babe, look. This stuff looks pretty good."

Looking into the basket, you were met with an array of different foods. It all looked really good.

"Yeah, but maybe I should go check on her, and see what's going on."

"I don't know, when I'm feeling under I like to be alone. Maybe she needs to cool off or something."

Looking back towards the door for a moment, you looked back at your boyfriend. "Okay, but should we really be taking her stuff."

"Hey, she's the one who gave it to me. I'd say it's fair game."

"Okay, let's go, I guess."

"Hexcellent!"

After being shushed once more by the librarians, Sparrow wrapped an arm around your shoulder and led the two of you outside to enjoy yourselves.

Lizzie's head pounded. 

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know where to go.

How could you do it? 

You got a boyfriend. She was supposed to be with you, not that loser Sparrow Hood! She was sure that you liked girls, right? Was she wrong? Did she misinterpret some of your actions or over analyze something?

No.

No, no, no, no, NO.

She knew you felt something for her. You had to. 

There's no way she could have had these feeling by herself.

Once she made her way to her room. She threw open the door and collapsed face down onto her bed.

After a couple of minutes, she slowly raised her head. That's when her gaze landed on her pot of flowers.

Getting up, she went over to her dresser and grabbed her scissors. Walking up to the pot, her anger got bigger with each step. 

She quickly grabbed one of the white roses and closed the scissor blades around it. The bud fell to her feet as she took a few deep breaths.  Letting go of the stem, it too fell to the floor. Along with that, the sound of dripping blood broke the relatively quiet room. Her hand was covered in blood from the roses's thorns.

She quickly grabbed another, gripping it just as tightly as she had the first time, and continued her motions. 

One by one, rose buds fell to the floor, then their stems followed them. The whole time, Lizzie's blood painting them.

Author's note: Bro this took way too long, I'm really sorry. Anyways, check my messages if you feel like following my tumblr.