Prologue

Some boys were so annoying.

Lizzie never truly understood the appeal of boys. She poked lightly at her food with her fork as she gazed around the school.

Boys were loud.

She winced as Sparrow roughly strummed his guitar. It was hooked up to his speakers, and the noise rang out through the entire school.

With a huff, Lizzie grabbed her lunch and got up from her seats on the steps. She couldn't eat with such ruckus, so she headed inside to find a more suitable place.

Boys were cocky.

Lizzie was almost blinded when she stepped inside. Shutting them tight to adjust to the light, she heard a deep chuckle. 

Opening her eyes, she was greeted to Daring starring at his reflection. Flashing another toothsome smile, she knew that the blinding light had come from him.

She scoffed at his smiling face and walked away before her vision was taken away once more.

Boys were awkward.

Lizzie walked by Raven talking with Maddie. Dexter was hiding behind a pillar, seemingly trying to give himself a pep talk. No doubt to try and talk to Raven. 

How pathetic.

He pulled a bouquet of roses out from behind his back, but he immediately dropped them from his trembling. They were then trampled by a small group of students.

Boys were dumb.

Walking by Briar and Ashlynn. Hopper tapped on Briar's shoulder, and actually looked like he'd make a promising try. However, he immediately said an embarrassing pick up line, and reverted into a frog.

Briar let out a disgusted noise and quickly walked away with Ashlynn in tow.

Boys were obnoxious.

As Lizzie opened the door to the Library, she watched as a squirrel quickly made its way passed her and out into the halls. Looking back, she quickly moved out of the way and flattened herself against the door.

Hunter came out running. Darting his eyes across the hall, he immediately started running once again as he laid eyes on the squirrel.

How annoying!

Lizzie sometimes wished boys didn't exist at all. What were they needed for?

Walking further into the library to find some quiet, she found something much more enjoyable instead.

"Hi, Lizzie!" You whisper-yelled towards her and frantically wave your arm to get her attention. She gave a small wave back and made her way over to you.

You were always nice company to Lizzie. You were never too loud. On the contrary, in fact, sometimes she wished you'd speak up more. You were always humble with the talents and abilities you possessed. And you never bragged. You never said something that would make an uncomfortable silence grow. Although you weren't the best academically, Lizzie would definitely not call you dumb. You weren't ditzy or naive, that was for sure. And, you never did anything that would call any negative attention towards you. 

You were perfect in Lizzie's eyes. 

And, you were much better looking than most boys at the school too.

Lizzie still had no idea if she liked girls in general, or if she just liked you. But she definitely knew that she liked you. You were always the highlight of her day.

And now, here the two of you were, sitting together in the library. All alone pretty much. Her starring at you while you ate and completed something on your MirrorPad.

It was practically like a date!

How wonderful...