➴03

choi soobin.

"...and then he literally stared at me with heart eyes, I'm sure it was heart eyes!"

"Holy shit, why am I so sure that he has the hots for you?" Taehyun speaks through the phone, the teasing smirk quite noticeable in his tone. I twist my face in disgust, listening to what he had just said. "Me? He barely knows me!" I whisper yell, angling my mouth closer to the phone screen. I hear Taehyun giggling in mischief, clearly he was enjoying every second of this.

"If I were you, I'd be losing my mind right now! This is Doctor Choi you're talking about, Soobin! Many people are dying to even kiss his feet." Taehyun remarks, shuffling sounds being heard as he started walking somewhere.

"Never heard of him..." I state, rubbing my nape sheepishly. Shuddering suddenly as I heard Taehyun gasp as if I just killed someone. "You never heard of him? Are you living under a rock maybe?!" He exclaims, clicking his tongue as he mumbled how uncultured I am. "I lived in the country side for most of my life, having little to no exposure to anything. If that answers your question." I state in matter of fact tone, somewhat making Taehyun's blood boil even more. Why is this getting to him so much? It's not like Doctor Choi is trying to marry me or something?... unless.

"Point is.... you're lucky his fawning over you. Many people would kill to be in your spot." Taehyun states, chewing onto something as he hummed in content. "Taehyun~ah, why are you making this such a big issue? It's not—"

The sound of someone clearing their throat cuts me off from speaking. I pull the phone away from my ear immediately, fear hitting me as I realized I got caught. Cautiously, I look up towards the door. There— standing Doctor Choi, staring at me with an eyebrow raised. His white Doctors coat cladded tightly to his body as he stood there with arms folded, his shoulders and biceps looking even more pronounced than before. I frown deeply as I caught myself shamelessly checking him out.

"Don't you have work to do?" He states, voice almost cold as he spew those words. I froze at the spot, voice shaky as I answered him. "Uhm, m-my break hasn't ended yet but I c-came in earlier." He walked closer to me, listening attentively as his brow was still slightly raised. "I was assigned to accompany the doctor working here... for today." I state, gaze falling down to the ground as he finally stopped. He stood right in front of me, toying with his pens that were neatly placed in his pocket.

I was still seated on the counter, hands gripping tightly onto the edge as if my life depended on it. Doctor Choi tilts his head slightly, witnessing how he slightly nibbled on his bottom lip, indicating that he was thinking. That action alone made me squeeze onto the edge even tighter than before.

"Why are you here when you could still be on lunch?" He finally speaks up, ending the awful silence that was present in the room. His question makes my throat go dry immediately, eyes finally flicking up to meet his. "Uhm, I-I..." I try to speak, not wanting to bring up how much I'm struggling to socialise with anyone in this hospital. "I just wanted to be here early, as I said before." I whisper, still looking into his eyes which stared at me fiercely, and it wasn't just the eyeshadow he wore.

"Hmmm... okay." He states. My mind suddenly all over the place, questioning how his personality literally changed compared to the last time we spoke. "Yes... uh Doctor Choi." I say, slowly wanting to slide off the counter only to get trapped by two arms which caged me— restricting me from moving anywhere.

My eyes widened at his actions, briefly looking at the position he just placed us in before looking back at him with a small frown. He notices my expression as his lips formed a sly smirk. I wanted to speak up, but somehow no words managed to come out. We're in a consultation room for fucks sakes, this position would give off such a wrong impression.

Suddenly he leans in closer, my legs falling open slightly the more he came closer to me. Mentally cursing at myself as I let myself become pliant so easily. I slowly bring my hands up to find my way to the Doctors chest as my heart started pounding at an increasing speed. My slightly fear-filled eyes staring deeply into his, not missing how he looked at me. His eyes filled with evident lust.

What is he doing ?

His face was just a few centimetres away from mine, surprisingly keeping eye contact while he got so close to me. My body tensed as I felt him bring his arm behind me. "W-What are you doing?" I finally question him, my hands still slightly pushing against his chest but not putting quite a lot of effort to push him away.

"Just wanted to get this..." He finally speaks up, knocking me out of my daze. Voice sounding so husky as he still kept looking deeply into my eyes, our faces still so close while his body was practically still placed between my legs.

Finally he pulls away, revealing a file that was behind me. I quickly turn my head back just to see the many files that were neatly stacked right behind me. A dark blush immediately traveling across my cheeks. The embarrassment hitting me hard, knowing I thought he was trying to get intimate with me. No one could blame me though, surely that was a very inappropriate and way to abnormal way to just get a file.

He clears his throat once again, getting my attention as he saw me staring at him wide eyed, still in the shocked state he just placed me in.

"I guess you gonna be working with me today nurse Choi." He states nonchalantly, completely brushing off what just happened.

I finally jump off the counter, coming face to face with the Doctor, noticing how his tongue gently swiped across his bottom lip once he got a good look at my face that looked at him with so much confusion.

Briefly, he brings his hand up, giving the small off my back a small teasing tap.

"You know... I'll be delighted to have you on my side for today."

————

yikes😬 I SUCK AT WRITING THINGS LIKE THESE, BUT I TRIED.
but anyway,
i hoped you enjoyed this chapter:))

but anyway,i hoped you enjoyed this chapter:))

Britney~~