"You seem normal," Noelle notes, "like you're not under influence." She could hardly hear herself over the music.

"High tolerance." He grins. A person squeezes their self in between the two, allowing Christian to take their drink with no argument. "Not gonna lie, Noe, we don't really need you as designated driver with my tolerance."

"But Silas—"

"Invited you with the hopes of getting you hammered for the first time," he interrupts. Christian sighs. "Everyone knows what you and Silas have gone through. No one would judge, especially that rich kid you're hanging out with." Noelle gulps, but says nothing. The news was surprising, but it made sense. "Look, it's your choice. No one's gonna force you."

"I didn't expect you to be like this," Noelle admits. Christian grins. "Silas doesn't talk about you too much when we hang out."

"I think when it comes to his friends, Silas likes to pretend he lives different lives," Christian admits. He pats her shoulder. "I meant what I said," he continues, making Noelle frown in confusion. "You're still pretty hot. I wish you were my type." Before Noelle could say anything, he disappears into the crowd.

Noelle has no will or intention to get "hammered" tonight, simply because no one was planning to stick beside her for the night. She felt sort of honored that Silas was trying to do something nice for her, even if it is illegal.

For now, she'd be the good friend Silas needs and drive him home.

WAYNE MANOR
OCTOBER 31ST
23:22 p.m.

Something felt off.

A familiar presence was wandering through Wayne Manor, Damian could feel it. It's not his Father, Dick, of Alfred, that he could tell, but it was familiar enough to not automatically start fighting.

The Manor was too quiet, making Damian suspicious. The strong scent of men's cologne filled his nostrils making him grit his teeth in annoyance.

Jason, he recognizes.

Damian stops in the middle of the large hallway, waiting for Jason to make his move so he could counter, but it never comes.

"Your feeble attempts to startle me are pathetic as they've always been," he announces.

"Is that any way to greet your brother?" Jason chimes from behind. Damian turns around, showing no signs of being startled or excitement. Jason smirks. "Still short, I see."

"Still an idiot, I see." Jason grins before slapping Damian's back as a greeting. "What are you doing here?"

Jason raises a brow. "The Wayne Gala's in three weeks. I decided to stick around with the family for a bit before we part ways again."

Damian had completely forgotten about that and Jason could tell. The latter laughs heartily, slapping Damian's shoulder again.

"I guess you've been too busy with that girlfriend of yours to remember." He laughs again.

Damian scoffs before brushing Jason's hand off his shoulder. "She's not my girlfriend."

"No," Jason agrees, "she's the girl who's window you crashed through and decided to hang out with for the next month before somehow getting her swept up with the villain shit. And then you revealed your secret identity and was caught seen on a date with her at the cafe."

Damian's eyes narrow. "Dick told you—"

"Dick told me." Jason grins. "I don't know why you're denying it, this chick seems to know enough about you."

"That term is derogatory and borderline sexist," Damian snaps, "don't call her that."

"See? You care about her too." Damian rolls his eyes before walking away. Jason scoffs before catching up to his younger brother and putting an arm around his shoulders. "Look, ask her on a date and then invite her to the gala."

Damian shakes his head. "I can't. I don't think she's over the incident with Pathos."

Jason chortles, putting a hand against his chest. "Then help her forget."

"Your lewd and abiding advice has ceased to be helpful since you started giving it," he snaps. He pushes Jason's hand off of his shoulder.

"I didn't mean it like that, Demon Head!" Jason defends, "this time at least. Call her up, take her on a date, a real date, and spend some quality time with her."

"What if I don't like her like that?" Damian retorts, despite basically confirming it only a few minutes ago.

Jason grins. "You know I'm one of the few people who can tell when you're lying." He shrugs his shoulders before taking steps in the opposite direction. "Don't be a pussy, Damian. Go for it."

"You're the worst."

Jason gives yet another hearty laugh. "Am I? Tell me, what was your dear old dad's reaction? Doesn't he work closely with her mom?"

Damian says nothing. He hasn't spoken to Father about Noelle yet. There's no doubt he doesn't know who she is, but he hasn't summoned Damian to his study to talk about it. Does he actually not know? Or does he just simply not care?

The universe decided to throw Damian Wayne a bone, prolonging the answer. The phone's ringing blares loudly, making him sigh as he grabs his phone from his pocket. He frowns as he looks at the screen.

king...is calling

He answers it quickly, knowing it's unusual for her to call so late at night, especially on Halloween. Jason watches Damian's reaction with a frown.

"King," he greets, not wanting to show his worry. Jason gives a thumbs up and an enthusiastic/reassuring grin, making Damian roll his eyes.

"Damian," Noelle greets back making Damian frown at the lack of nickname. "Are you busy on patrol or something right now?"

He looks at Jason with a frown before shooing his brother away. "No, I'm not. Is something wrong?"

"Not exactly," Noelle admits, "Some kids screwed up Silas's car. We only made it a few blocks before it broke down for good. I know this isn't that important—"

"Text me where you are," Damian interrupts, "I'll be there as soon as possible."

"You will?"

"Of course." He pushes past Jason to make his way to the garage. "I owe you a lot."

He can hear her sigh with relief on the other end. "Thank you, Damian."

"Thank me when I get there." He hangs up, easily putting the phone back in his pocket. "I'll be back soon," Damian announces, not really caring if Jason was listening or not.

"Damsel in distress?" Jason chimes, matching Damian's strides with ease. Curse these short genetics, Damian curses inwardly as they head toward the garage.

"Still sexist," Damian retorts, not making eye contact. "But yes, essentially, she's asking for my help."

"If you don't go for this opportunity, I will actually murder you," Jason jokingly threatens before rubbing his hand against Damian's hair. Damian swats his hand away as Jason stops himself from following.

"Remember! Seats recline!"

Jason chortles as he barely dodges the quarter Damian had stuffed in his pocket.

10/21/20
quick appreciation note:
uh???? THANK YALL
11k reads?!?!
y'all are literally so supportive for no reason and I'm here for it. thank y'all for having faith.