Chapter 8: Kisses; the platonic kind

Derek groaned as his phone rung in the dead of the night, "Hello?", he muttered sleepily. "Derek? Are you awake?" "Stiles, it's three in the morning, do you really think I was awake?" Silence. "I'm sorry, Sourwolf, I can call you back..." Derek protested, "No, Sti, it's fine! What's the matter?" Another long silence, "Scott's with Alli and I had a nightmare... A really bad one." Derek heard the fear in Stiles' voice and he was up before he could think about it, "I'm on my way."

Stiles looked like shit when he opened the door for him five minutes later, the moment he saw Derek he pulled him into a hug. "You're okay, right?", he asked, his voice shaky. Derek tentatively hugged back, frowning in confusion, "I'm fine, you're the one who had the nightmare." They went to sit on the bed, Stiles wringing his hands like a maniac. Derek scooted closer, "Wanna tell me what it was about?"

Stiles looked up, tears in his eyes, "It was you Derek, he was hurting you, and I couldn't stop him." Derek frowned, taking Stiles face in his hands, "Who's he?" Stiles sniffed, trying to calm himself enough to speak, "Theo... My ex-boyfriend", he said, followed by another sob. Derek shifted them on the bed, so he was sitting against the headboard and Stiles' head was on his shoulder, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me."

Stiles shook his head, "No I want to." He shifted slightly, "Theo was a werewolf, an omega. We met in high school and kind of clicked immediately. We started dating, much to the dismay of my friends and family. Everyone kept telling me something was off about him, but I just couldn't see it, blinded by love." He tightened his jaw, wiping his eyes, "Then the murders started. The mutilated bodies of girls turned up all over town. Innocent kids, murdered by what could only be described as a monster."

Derek didn't like were this was going, Stiles continued. "Then I started noticing a pattern in the victims. All the same age, brown hair and blue eyes, strangled and heart cut out. I tried to remember where I'd seen that before, and then I remembered a case I read about online. A teenage girl with brown hair and blue eyes was killed in exactly the same way, her younger brother disappeared that same night."

Stiles gulped, "I started digging and found a picture of the girl with her brother. It was Theo. And I just knew, you know? I just knew he was the one who did it. I called Satomi, told her everything, they'd captured Theo that same night." Derek tightened his grip around Stiles, trying to comfort him with his presence. "They let me talk to him. And he was unrecognisable, not the boy I'd dated for almost a year, but a monster."

He was crying again, "He told me that he used me as a cover, nobody would suspect the sheriff's son to have a serial killer boyfriend, right? He was dead before dawn." Derek released the breath he didn't realize he was holding, "Stiles, I'm so sorry. That must've been awful." Stiles shrugged, "It was years ago, I've grown since then, but from time to time he comes back to haunt me." He let out a bitter chuckle, "You probably think I'm crazy, right?"

Derek turned him around so he was looking him in the eye, "No! If anyone understands you, it would be me. I've also made decisions I'm not proud of, decisions that almost cost me my family, but I came out stronger, and so did you." Stiles smiled, "Thank you, Derbear. For everything." Derek nodded, "Anytime. Now, how about we get some sleep, huh?" Stiles looked a little disappointed but moved to get up, Derek grabbed his arm, "Where do you think you are going? Get in the bed."

Stiles looked taken aback, but still joined Derek on the bed, the other boy pulling him half on top of him. Derek couldn't help but smile when he heard a slight snore coming from the boy five minutes later. And the next morning, as he carefully untangled their limbs to go take a shower in his apartment, he didn't leave before planting a small kiss on Stiles' forehead, not noticing the small smile appearing on the other boy's sleeping features.

..............................................................................................................................

After midterms and the evaluations from their mentors Christmas break finally came around in all its glory. Stiles and Derek stood in the parking lot, saying their goodbyes before driving home for the holidays. "Well, I guess I'll see you in two weeks", Stiles said. Derek nodded, "Yeah, I guess." Stiles nodded and turned to his car, then looked back at Derek, "But we'll call, right?" Derek smiled, "Of course."

Scott walked up to them, "Ready, bro?" Stiles smiled at Derek, "One more thing..." He walked up to Derek and hugged him, before pecking his cheek, "I'll see you in two weeks, Sourwolf." And then he was gone, leaving Derek, whose brain had practically melted, alone in the empty parking lot. And if Waldo was doing backflips in his chest, then that was his problem. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'day!

I present you my newest chapter. It's a little darker than I'm used to, but I think it turned out pretty good? I'm constantly trying new things and pushing my own limits, so it was now or never. 

Now, a while back someone asked me to take the 30-day song challenge and my lame ass just remembered I still had to do it. I thought, maybe my readers would like to know a little more about me, so where better to do the challenge than here? I'm gonna change it up, though; I'll post more than one song because this story ain't gonna have another 30 chapters... 

Anyways, here they are: 

DAY 1: a song you like with a color in the title  - 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet

DAY 2: a song you like with a number in the title - 'Song 2' by Blur

DAY 3: a song that reminds you of summertime - 'Summer Wine' by Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra

DAY 4: a song that reminds you of someone you'd rather forget - 'I should've know better' by Jim Diamond

DAY 5: a song that needs to be played loud - 'In the Shadows' by The Rasmus

DAY 6: a song that makes you want to dance - 'I Want To Break Free' by Queen

There! Those are the first six, hope you guys like this. If you have any other challenges you'd like me to do after this one, let me know.

Thanks for reading!

XXX-HY_13