Twenty Three

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated, I've been busy with school and other things. But on the bright side I finished the story, so I'm going to publish the rest of it now instead of one at a time to make up for my absence. I hope you like it 💕
***

  "Are we gonna talk about what happened?" Becca raises her eyebrows at you. She found you in your dressing room after you saw Jake with her. She shooed Cal away, told him you needed her comfort, but mostly her advice. She wasn't wrong, but is she ever wrong?

"How much did Cal tell you?" You grown as you sit down in front of the mirror and start brushing out your hair.

"He didn't tell me anything because he didn't know anything," She sits down and pulls on my hands so I'm facing her. "Y/N, you better tell me."

You're embarrassed to even tell the story of why you freaked out and disappeared after the show, something you never do. "God, it's so stupid, Becca." You look down, away from her.

"Spit it out." She's not messing around, clearly.

"I saw Jake with another girl," you duck your head and turn away from her. You don't want to see the look on her face. Judging by the tone of her voice, she's probably giving you that confused-but-annoyed look she gets whenever you do something stupid.

"Well, Y/N, I don't really see why that would be a problem, considering you're not with Jake, you're with a whole other guy, actually." You force yourself around to face her again. Sure enough, she looks like she could slap you just for being a complete idiot.

"God, Becca, I don't know! What the hell is wrong with me?" You bury your face in your hands.

"Oh, honey," She crouches down and rubs your shoulder. "You've got a crush. A bad one." She smiles sympathetically.

"No," you shake your head. "This is worse than a stupid crush. I don't even know what it is."

"You do know that you have to break up with Cal, right?"

"Yeah, I know." The thought of breaking his heart tortures you, but being with him when you want Jake so badly is almost worse. Whether or not you even end up with Jake, you need to do it, sooner rather than later.

"But what about the band, Becca? How are we supposed to finish the tour if I go and break his heart?" You put your face back in your hands. Why did you have to go and fuck everything up like this?

"If you do it nicely enough, everything will be okay, I promise," Becca pulls you up out of your chair and rests her hands on your shoulders. "Please, deal with this soon, okay?"

You nod. "I'll do it tonight."

"Good."

You both turn your heads when you hear a knock on your door. "Come in!" You yell. Your eyes widen when you see the man you least expected to be there standing in the doorway.

"Hi, Jake."

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" He asks, in his usual quiet tone. But he sounds softer, more humble than usual.

"No, I was just leaving," Becca says. As she walks away she gives me a look that I know means, "don't do anything stupid."

The door shuts and you're alone with Jake. You have no idea what to say, but he breaks the silence first.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I've been really shitty, and you deserve better. I know you probably can't forgive me but-"

"Jake," you cut him off. "Thank you. But why are you even here? I thought you were with that other girl." You'd hoped he really felt for you what you feel for him, but he'd just made things even more complicated.

"I don't want anyone else but you," He stares directly into your eyes. You look back at him. You forgot how easy it is to get lost in his.

"How am I supposed to believe that?" You say quietly, basically a whisper.

"I don't know," He admits, then rests his hand gently on your face. "But I know you feel this same way about me, even though you're with someone else."

"I'm breaking up with him tonight," You reply. You've never been more sure as you sigh at Jake's gentle touch.

"Now how am I supposed to believe that?" He smirked, wrapping his other arm around you, pulling you closer.

"Shut the fuck up," you roll your eyes.

"Gladly," and then his lips are on yours. You kiss him back with more passion than before. Being with him, right now, it's all you want. You start to forget where you are as you melt into him more. You're only brought back down to Earth when you hear the door open. You don't even pull away from Jake right away, until you hear an all-too familiar voice call your name.

"Y/N-" Cal begins when he sees what you're doing. You don't even catch the look on his face before he's gone, stormed away without even saying anything. You remove yourself from Jake's arms and try to run after him but he's gone. You bury your face in your hands and feel the tears sting your eyes. You sink to the floor; you can't bring yourself to keep standing. You've just done the one thing you swore never to do: break Cal's heart. You almost had it all but now you can't have anything.

"Do you want me to go?" Jake says so quietly, basically whispering.

"No, stay." You know everyone you've ever loved is about to desert you, so you need at least one person with you just for right now. To keep the loneliness at bay for a little longer.

Jake wraps an arm around you and you lean into him. You forgot how good his company feels. Neither of you say anything. You just sit still. You don't know what else to do anymore.