Cameron took his ringing phone out of his pocket and slid the answer bar putting it on speaker. "Talk to me don't lie to me."

The person on the other end of the receiver smacked their lips. "Boy if you don't get yo puss ass on somewhere. Where you at?

Cameron shook his head, it was not nobody but his best friend, Jabari. "I just left yo mama house. Why you ain't tell she was an eater bro?"

"Bi- stop playing with me and my mama." Cameron laughed and threw his head back. He switched lanes pulling into Whataburger.

"Nigga what do you want?" Cam noticed the line was moving, so he eased up from the break.

"I'm hungry and our apartment is empty asf." Cam shook his head knowing that's all he wanted.

"I'm at Whataburger, you want your usual?"

"Yes, thank you bestie." Cameron laughed and hung up the phone. He finally made it to the speaker.

"Hi, welcome to Whataburger. What can I get for you today?"

"May I get the number four and a number five. Medium fries and sprite for both meals."

"Okay, your total is sixteen dollars and thirty-four cent. Pull to the window please." Cameron pulled out his wallet and grabbed a twenty. He pulled around to window and handed the girl money. About a min later she returned with his food and changed. He grabbed everything and pulled off heading home.

Cameron and Jabari have been best friends since peewee. Cameron honestly doesn't know what he will do without Bari. If it was not for Jabari, Cam does not think he will be alive today. He owes Bari his life. Jabari was the one that found Cam choking to death on his own blood but hey that is a story for another day.

Cameron pulled up to his apartment that he shared with his best friend and parked in his designated spot. He killed the engine, grabbed everything, and got out. He hit the lock and walked towards the stairs. He climbed to the third floor and kicked the apartment door. It swung open.

"Who the fu— oh it's just you." Cameron shook his head and pushed Jabari out of the way kicking his shoes off. Cameron sat down on the couch and pulled his burger out.

"How was the therapy session?" Jabari grabbed his fries and began stuffing his face.

Cameron shrugged. "It was cool. I told him about Brielle."

Jabari stopped chewing and looked up. "You for real? I thought you was going to wait."

"I was but he brought dating up and of course he said I wasn't ready. He asked about her, so I talked about her."

Jabari looked at Cameron. "Do you think you're ready and what did he have to say?"

Cam nodded his head. "Yea I do, and he said if I'm considering the dating thing again, I'm going back to two sessions a week."

"Well, if you think you're ready, then I say go for it just be cautious. I would hate to go to jail this time."

Cameron chuckled and stood up grabbing his food. "I gotchu bro, but I'm finna take a nap. Wake me up an hour before practice."

"Don't forget to take your medicine." Jabari shouted from the living room.

Cameron bit his lip and walked into his bathroom. He grabbed his pill bottle from the cabinet that read Paroxetine. He poured one into his hand placed the bottle back in the cabinet. Grabbing a bottle of water from his bedside, he threw the pill back followed with water. He stripped from clothes leaving him in his boxer briefs and crawled into his bed.

a little insight on cameron's life.
comment a or b.

Jabari White