eleven.

Omniscient

Dallas, Texas
2020

"I don't think you're ready."

Cameron sat slouched on the beige couch looking at the hand on the clock go back and forth. He reached up and started twisting a piece of his hair before taking bottom lip between his teeth looking at his therapist. "Are you saying that as my therapist or as my father?"

"Both."

Cameron smacked his lips.

"You can catch an attitude all you want, but I don't think you really know who you are. The type of love that you have gets you hurt. Son, you endured mental, verbal, and physical abuse for two years straight. Nobody shouldn't have to go through that. If someone loves you, they are not supposed to cause you harm. You hear me?"

"I hear you."

"Now tell me about this girl."

A smile instantly came across Cameron's face at his father. "I honestly wasn't going to pursue her because I felt like I wasn't ready, but we crossed paths twice. I said nah this fate and I was not about to let her slip passed me. Her name is Brielle, and she attends the same school as me. I think her major is biology."

"What does she want to be?"

"A dermatologist."

His father nodded his head impressed. "Keep going."

"Uh she's twenty years old and the owner of The Diamond Palace."

"Excuse me? That's hers? I've ordered your mother and I some pieces from there."

Cameron nodded his head. "Yes sir. Founded in 2016, I think. And oh yea, she just bought a house from mama."

His father took in everything and wrote some stuff down. Honestly impressed, he looked up at his son and shook his head. Cameron had that look in his eyes and his father knew it was too late. "Now, if you're about to give this dating thing a try again, our sessions are going back to twice a week."

Cameron nodded and stood pulling his pants up in the process. He hugged his father walked out of his office. Pushing the buildings' door open, Cam walked across the street to his Range Rover sport. It was an supercharge edition, all white with black accents. Being that it was a high school graduation gift, he's hoping he will receive an upgrade in a couple months for graduation.

He opened the door and hopped in pushing the start button pulling off. Cameron was thinking about his father's words and his ex, K'Mya.

Cameron met K'Mya his freshman year of college. He started school with a game plan, that plan consisted of focusing on football, campus involvement, and of course his studies.

He didn't want any distractions. Word got around that he was a possible draft prospect straight out of high school and that's when stuff hit the fan.

Girls flocked and stalked, but being the way that Cameron was raised he didn't entertain the foolishness. He was turning down girls left and right. He slept around occasionally, but eventually stopped because that's not the type of person he is and he met her, K'Mya.

K'Mya was a beautiful girl but her soul was ugly. She was ok in the beginning, but it's like a switch was flipped. He met her at a campus function and honestly it was just friendly conversation, but she became persistent. Cam thought what harm could be done? Little did he know, two years of his life would be taken away from him.

Nothing he did was right. From sexing her, to loving her, and to pleasing her. No matter what he did, it was wrong. It started with verbal abuse, and then it sprouted too physical. Cam was always raised to never hit women, so he took the abuse for two years, ashamed to say anything.