chapter forty-two

Start from the beginning

"i mean, i-if you o-only see yourself w-with me in the f-future of course" he stuttered as he looked down to his hands which madelline thought was adorable.

"of course, you idiot. i can't imagine my future without you in it, i'm just taken aback that's all" she explained. her voice faltering in the end.

"i'm not rushing you into anything darling, i'm sorry if it looked like it" he looked again back at her, his eyes searching for her eyes as he tried to apologize.

"jazz, relax" she chuckled and grabbed his hand, interlacing her hand against as his, "its alright but if its alright, can i answer that again next time?"

he nodded, leaning in towards her to kiss the side of her head before giving her a smile of reassurance as he doesn't want to rush her into anything even though there's no one saying how long is this next time madelline was talking about.

"i'll wait darling, no matter how long it takes"

"right on time" her dad greeted as she entered their house, seeing it crowded than usual. she spotted sam and emily seating beside her father while paul, seth, embry, jared and jacob sat with each other by the other couch. the coffee table was filled with foods, she already smelled the delicious aroma of her dad's homemade fish and chips that she loved so much.

she turned to look at elijah with a delighted smile as she walked over to him, placing a soft kiss by his cheek before scowling at jacob yet the boy didn't notice as he was too busy playing around with the boys. she took it as her advantage, sneaking up behind him. she smirked before smacking his head harshly and then walked over to paul, giving his forehead a kiss.

"ow! what was that for?" he exclaimed as he held his head where madelline hit him.

paul smiled at the girl in front of him, he missed her presence around even if he doesn't want to admit it. luckily, their pack was friends with elijah, her father and was grateful that they were invited to hang in their house as they waited for madelline. but with their time around with elijah, they were comfortable already with him as he made them feel at home.

"missed you" he muttered placing a soft kiss on her forehead. she only smiled as a response before glaring at jacob.

"my friend's worrying her ass off, leaving you with dozens and dozens of voicemails yet you're here, finishing my favourite snacks" she gave him a look with a raised eyebrow before walking by her father and sat by the armrest of the chair grabbing a fries already.

jacob only looked at his hands guiltily. seth looked back and forth between paul and madelline with curious look in his eyes.

"are you guys?.... you know" he trailed off, "i thought maddy is with jasper?"

madelline all of a sudden choked on her fries while paul did the same with the chips he was munching away. elijah only laughed while sam and emily gave seth an amused look.

"what?" he asked innocently, still with curious look.

"sweetie, me and paul aren't together" madelline let out, chuckling as she gulped down a water.

"but the shared kiss..." he trailed off.

"is nothing, no malice" paul finished, giving him a look which seth got the message of it, nodding his head before munching away on his food.

"jasper brought you back early huh" elijah said as he sipped his soda by the table while placing a hand by madelline's back.

"i actually didn't want to go back already-"

"heeey!" they whined as they interrupted the girl gaining an eyeroll from a girl yet with a small smile on her lips.

"but, he brought me back saying you and him talked about the supposed time i'm to be here" she finished, elijah nodded in approval liking already the cullen boy.

"i knew that guy is good for you" he winked at madelline making her laugh out loud.

"well dad, you're a sucker for blondes anyways" she stated making her dad playfully glare at her.

"now, that sounds wrong when you say it like that"