Chapter 13 - The End

You felt your heart stop as soon as Lisa finished her sentence.

She was pregnant. With Dean's child.

You found it hard to even breath. You looked at Dean who seemed exactly as stunned as you were though there was something else in his eyes, something else that you could not point your finger at.

"That's..." your father's voice broke your trail of thoughts "That's amazing Lisa, congratulations." he said, smiling; although it seemed forced.

"Thank you Kieran" Lisa smiled more.

"So I take it that Dean you were... really happy when you found out, hm?" your father asked Dean.

He took a few deep breaths and clearing his throat he decided to speak "I... I, no, I just found out" he laughed awkwardly, though it was obvious that it was fake.

"Really?" you father looked at him frowning and then down at the table; as if thinking something.

But then he glanced at you and upon seeing your pale face, no emotion on it, he spoke "(Y/n) are you ok?"

You looked up at him and tried to form words "I-I 'm not feeling really well... I-" you said but he cut you off.

"Well if you want, better go to your room and rest" he gave you a small smile; as if reading your mind.

"Yeah yeah I'd better" you said and slowly got up from your chair.

"Drink some water, it will make you feel better" Lisa told you with a smile and you nodded hesitantly.

After mumbling a low 'goodnight' you slowly made your way upstairs feeling Dean's worried gaze on you... as well as somebody else's. 

After a while the conversation downstairs continued, but you closed the door and put your headphones on, not wanting to hear what they were saying downstairs. But just as you turned the music up louder you missed what your father asked them...

"So why are you moving out of town then?"

~~~

You slowly felt yourself being pulled out of your sleep by someone shaking your shoulder.

"(Y/n). Wake up" your father's voice was heard, making you slowly and painfully open your eyes.

The light hit your face and made you groan more. You opened you eyes and after a while of them adjusting to the light you saw the frowning face of your father.

"Dad?" you slowly mumbled "What is it?"

"That's what you should tell me (y/n)" he said and you frowned more.

You got up in a seating position and tilted your head "What do you mean?"

He sighed and looked at you with pain-filled eyes "What is it (y/n)?" he asked and you frowned more "What's bothering you?" he said and put a cold hand on your cheek.

No. It wasn't his hand that was cold, your face was warm. Really warm.

"Wh-what do you m-mean?" you asked, your voice trembling, knowing very well what he meant.

"You're not ok (y/n). And I can see it. Last night you ate nothing and when I came upstairs to bring you some food you were already asleep but... your face seemed tear stained. Were you crying?" he asked worry evident in his face.

"I-I was not..." you started but trailed off as soon as you looked him in the eyes, finding yourself unable to lie to him. You looked down at your hands, lips pursed, and gave him a small and hesitant nod.