unrequited love p.2 (tom holland)

Start from the beginning

"nervous, are you?" you laughed as he walked you outside and down to his car.

"just a bit-"

"me too,"

he opened the car door for you and helped you in before running to the drivers side. "alrighty, no peaking, okay?"

"got it, so like take off the blindfold all together?" you joked, reaching your hands up.

"ha-ha very funny," he said sarcastically.

he drove what felt like 5 minutes before stopping again and turning the car off. you were trying to imagine where he could take you just five minutes from your apartment.

he opened your side door and helped you out. you could hear water running, like a river a little ways in the distance. he grabbed your hand again and dragged you up onto grass.

walking felt like forever before he stopped. "okay, just wait now. i'll tell you when to take it off!" he said excitedly.

he let go off your hand and it was a few moments before, "okay, take it off,"

you reached up and yanked the blindfold off and smiled instantly. you were near water, with a picnic on a rock in the middle of the river. and a handsome tom standing on the picnic blanket with his arms out.

"well?" he asked.

"you've read my diary, you fucking sneak!" you snapped, smiling a bit before playfully pushing him.

"for research purposes only! i wanted to know what you've always wanted and we'll, ta-da!"

you'd written about a perfect date many times, this was just one of them. a picnic near a river, a road trip with no destination, drive in movie theater, the lost just goes on and on.

and he chose your favorite one.

you both sat down and he gave you a plate of food. "when did you even set this up, you didn't leave the apartment all day?"

"i called in some favors.... i owe harrison a pack of beers." he laughed.

you couldn't help but smile brightly at him. he went through all of this just to take you on a date.

after you two ate, you sat there talking for a while just looking at the river flow beside you two. you could tell he started to look at you out of the corner of your eye, you looked over.

"can i kiss you?" he blurted out.

you laughed, "you're asking me?"

"don't girls want to be asked beforehand?"

"i mean, yeah but i'm basically in love with you tom, you could kiss me anytime and i wouldn't stop you," you chuckled.

he looked down and smiled before looking back up at you, leaning in and kissing you softly.

you had always thought about kissing him like this, instead of silly dares or drunkenly kissing. actually kissing like it means something.

you cupped his face in your hands and kissed him back. he smiled into the kiss and you pulled away.

"can i be honest with you?" he said softly, close to your face.

"yeah," you whispered.

"i was really nervous i wasn't going to be able to think of you this way,"

"tom-"

"no wait," he paused. "i was nervous because i don't want to lose you. and then i thought about why i didn't want to lose you. and y/n, i'm so sorry i never noticed."

he paused again, looking at you with puppy dog eyes. "i'm so sorry i put you through that much pain and never noticed. you're my best mate and i didn't notice you were hurting."

"it's okay, tom."

"it's not, you deserved better than that. and i'm gonna spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you." he confessed.

"truly, it's okay. i'm sorry i even brought it up at the park. it wasn't the right time or the way i did it wasn't right either.."

"don't apologize, because if you hadn't i'd still be chasing those one night stands when you're the only girl i want."

"you don't need to make me feel better-"

"i'm not!" he grabbed your hands and held them between you too. "i promise i'm not, it was a wake up call. i love you y/n, and i'm an idiot for not realizing sooner."

"i'd say.." you laughed.

he chuckled and leaned in and kissed you again, this time more passionately than any kiss you've been given. "i love you," he said.

"i love you, too."