Lovers' Quarrel 1

Start from the beginning

"Do you not want this too?" FP's face softened. He wasn't expecting the most, but if she gave him the answer he didn't want to hear he would feel hurt.

"It's not that I don't want to."

"Then what is it? Is it me? Do you not want to have this with me?" FP asked. "This is finally our chance to prove it to our old selves that we were more than just the good sex. We're not those same kids anymore. We've grown up. We know what we want now. Or is that just me?"

"No, I know what I want. We both know it's more than just sex."

"Then what are we doing? What do you want?"

"I want you." Her hand traveled up to the back of his head. Her fingers ran through his hair. "That hasn't changed."

"Really?"

"Yes, FP. You're very important to me. You have been for years."

"I love you." The words blurted out of his mouth. He meant it though. That's why he had to get it out. He wanted her to know badly.

Hearing those three magical words stunned her just as much as it made her heart flutter. "You do?"

"Of course I do. I don't have a good track record of showing it, but it doesn't mean I don't." FP put a hand over the one she had holding him. "That's why I want more. I want you to know that I love you. I want to share a life with you. We don't even have to worry about the kids right now. There will come a time for that. Don't you think we deserve to have our happily ever after?"

"We do," Alice melted into the emotion. He always made her feel like silly putty. "It's been far too long."

"Let me take you out somewhere. We haven't had a real first official date yet. Let's change that. Let's go out somewhere nice. We'll do this right this time."

"But the kids," She reminded him. She wasn't ready to talk to the kids about them.

"Don't worry about that. I promise you that we'll only be concerned with having a good time. So what do you say?"

"It's a date." She nodded with a smile.

***

FP sat at a table in an old familiar restaurant on the southside. It wasn't anything fancy or top notch but it held sentimental value. He picked the place for a reason. In his eyes, for there to be a future he needed to start with the past.

FP fixed the belt into the loops of his jeans as Alice tossed him his shirt. The damn thing landed over his head. He picked it off and proceeded by slipping it on.

He glanced over at her. His eyes were set on her as she changed back into her clothes too. She noticed that. "What's got you drooling, lover boy?"

He softly chuckled. "Nothing, nothing."

"Stop staring then," She perked up a smile. A playful eye roll present too. "Your eyes are gonna dry out if you don't blink."

"How courteous of you to care."

"My pleasure."

"You got that right," He cheekily smiled. Typical FP Jones. Alice rolled her eyes once again. She didn't act like the girls who would flirt back with him. She was different and that tantalized him.

He ran a hand through his hair to tame it. He was enjoying this tease all too well.

She slipped on her last touch to who she was. Her Serpent jacket. She was true to herself.