Jealousy, Jealousy

Request by Gio3153
[FP's jealous, Alice takes it too far]
+ my different take on season 2

FP follows Alice out of the bar. He looks around and when he sees that they're all alone, he presses her up against the wall and kisses her.

"I can taste the tequila on your lips," He chuckles. "That's the closest I can get to a drink these days."

"How does it feel to be a free man again?" Alice teases with a cute smile. "It was nice of the Serpents to throw you a party."

"Yeah," FP has a lovesick smile plastered all over his face. "What about you? Isn't it nice saying hello to a bunch of old friends?"

"Not that there's many. Most of them don't forgive me for leaving."

"Hey, it's in the past. We would be lying if most of us didn't try to make it out of this side of the train tracks. Me included."

"How long do you think they're going to be mad at you for retiring?" Alice asks as she plays with the stubble on his chin.

FP knits his eyebrows. "What?"

Now Alice is confused. "Aren't you retiring?"

"No," FP shakes his head. "Where did you hear that from?"

"You're turning your life around. The first step was getting sober. Don't you think it's time to step down and focus on just your well-being?"

"I'm not leaving the Serpents, Al."

"You didn't want to be one in the first place, don't you remember?"

"They stood by me and took care of Jug while I was in prison."

"You know damn well that Fred took care of your son."

FP sighs. "I know he did. And I appreciate everything he did while I was figuring things out."

"And where were the Serpents when you needed them back then? You think turning a blind eye to everything your dad did to you was in your best interest."

FP scoffs. "You were a Serpent then, isn't that what you did?"

Alice glares at him. "I was there for you. Fred and I both were."

FP pinches the arch of his nose and exhales. "You're right. You're right. I'm sorry." He got carried away. "But regardless of the past, they're all I have now."

"Oh, really?"

"That's not what I meant." FP says. "Actually, no, maybe. Al, they're the only family I have left. I'm still trying to win back Jughead's trust. My own son. And I haven't seen my daughter in a long time."

"Where does that leave me?" Alice's eyes shimmer.

"Alice..."

"Where does that leave me?" She repeats herself.

"You know you're important to me. Don't turn this around on me."

Alice rolls her eyes at FP. "You are unbelievable."

"I'm unbelievable?" FP scoffs. "I'm unbelievable? You're the one criticizing me about not taking us seriously when you still won't leave Hal!"

"That's so rich coming from you."

"I'm the only one trying to make this work. I left my unhappy marriage. Why won't you?"

"No, you didn't. Gladys left you!" She watches his glare turn into hurt. She instantly regrets what she said, but she keeps going. "You keep asking me to leave him like it's that easy."