12th Doctor x In Danger! Reader

This is a One-shot based off of this prompt:

" Soldiers aren't made for love."

"Well wives aren't made for being alone while their husbands run around throwing sticks at each other! If you go I won't be here if you return."

This has some abuse in it, with a happy ending.

I will leave some emergency contact information at the bottom of this page for you to use as a resource if need be. 

Trigger warnings: Swearing, choking and slapping.

(Y/H/N) = your husbands name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Background information: You and The Doctor have been friends for years, there has always been more between you but one thing lead to another, and you were married to another man. The man you married went to war and ultimately, became obsessed, always finding another fight, he craved the battlefield more than he loved you. He was no longer the man you married, he had a lot of concealed rage.

" Sweetheart... I don't want to fight about this anymore, just, please, stay. There isn't a war for you to fight in."

"There is. I'm leaving that's final."

" We never get time together anymore. I know the war scared you, but if there is anything I can do... it feels like... you don't love me anymore."

" Soldiers aren't made for love."

You suck in a shot of air your throat cramps, your eyes sting, jaw gripped to fight back the tears. You hiss, " Well wives aren't made for being alone while their husbands run around throwing sticks at each other! If you go I won't be here if you return."

You see the aggression bubble into his eyes, morphing his stoic expression to a portrait of rage. This is the largest emotion you've seen on his face in weeks, but rage isn't exactly the emotion you wanted to see after such a prolonged time.

Your mouth falls slightly open as you raise your hands in a sign of surrender, backing up as he marches toward you. His entire face twitching as he slams you to the wall behind you, choking you, He roars, "You will do as you are fucking told!" Tightening the hold on your throat he slaps you across the face. 

Your vision darkens, you are scratching at the hand at your throat and the hand slapping your face. As a last flailing effort, you kick, hard. He grunts falling to the floor. Without a second thought you rush to the closest room with a lock, the closet.

Coughing and struggling to breathe, you try and think of someone who can get you out of here. You think of the one person who can get you as far away from this situation as possible. The one person you know has time.

*Ring*

*Ring*

Please pick up

Please

"(Y/N)?" 

"Oh thank all the gods," You croaked

" You sound like arse, why are you calling?" His Scottish accent comforting you. 

You Jump as your Husband bangs aggressively on the door, you fear that he might break it. 

"(Y/N)!! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE, IM NOT DONE WITH YOU!"

You whisper," I got myself into a pickle and could use your help."

" Is that your husband?!"

" Yes, it would seem as though I struck a nerve.." You chuckle nervously

" Why are you laughing, what is going on?" Concern seeping through his words.

" (Y/N)!" Your husband bellows

" Please Doctor, just hurry," You yelp. Your enraged husband hits the door even harder.

" I'm coming, don't hang up, and don't move." 

Shutting your eyes tight, listening closely to the rackets of the T.A.R.D.I.S through the phone, desperately trying to ignore the sounds of your soon to be ex-husband.

The T.A.R.D.I.S materialized.

" Where are you?" The Doctor questioned before stepping out to find you.

"The bedroom closet," You murmur, sinking more into yourself.

He hung up, for a split second your fear peaks, curling smaller cradling your ears, rocking. Stopping when you hear the footsteps of The Doctor.

"(Y/H/N)!" He yells

He's maneuvered himself between your husband and the closet door, he states very calmly.

" I am giving you 4 seconds to leave this house, before I make sure that you never set foot anywhere. Ever. Again." 

A moment of silence passes and you can almost feel your husbands emotional turmoil; wanting to run, aching to protest, craving a fight. 

" Go." The Doctor states

You hear his footsteps retreating as The Doctor makes quick work of getting to you. 

You were about to open your eyes when you are engulfed into one of The Doctor's rare hugs. You instantly hug back feeling his fluffy white curls on your neck.

" Are you ok?" He asks 

" I am now," You say clutching the back of his shirt willing him to stay, to not let go. Pulling you away from him, he examines the large red marks on your face and neck. 

" That bastard.." He whispers as you flinch in pain while he lightly touches the fresh marks. He oh so gently cradles your face in his hands, looking at you with eyes full of concern, the sweetest look that you rarely ever see, but when you do it takes your breath away.

" This isn't your fault."

"W-What?"

" You said that you had 'struck a nerve', meaning you felt responsible for the awful thing he just did. It's not your fault, no matter how angry he may get there is not a single reason to get violent about a marital argument."

The thoughts are flying through your head so fast and in such vast numbers that you wouldn't be able to even think about responding to that without tearing up. So you opt for the next best thing.

" Can we get out of here, I could use a distraction," You lean into the hands he still has placed on your face, closing your eyes, savoring this comfortable, but more importantly safe, moment. 

"yes, of course, where to?"

"Oh god, literally anywhere but here."

You both stand to make your way to the T.A.R.D.I.S, quickly off to who 

knows where.

I am safe

That thought alone sends the tears down your face, " Thank you Doctor."

Looking at you from across the console with the same beautiful look on his face he says, " Anything for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a tad angsty but, it ends happily.

If you are ever in an abusive relationship, please reach out to people, authority, anyone who will listen. I am not a professional when it comes to helping with abusive relationships, just do your best to be safe, and remember that its not your fault. Your emotions are not your enemy and you are NOT alone.

Childhelp (1.800.4ACHILD) - child abuse hotline

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1.800.273.TALK 

National Domestic Violence Hotline (1.800.799.SAFE)

National Sexual Assault Hotline (1.800.656.HOPE)

Take care of yourselves

With sincerity 

-Jay