12th Doctor x Reader

A quick author's note before we get into the account. It is mothers day as I am writing this, but I assure you that my mother has been appreciated and I am not disregarding her on this day. If that was a concern of anyone I hope this has cleared that up. 

When writing these stories, I will use gender-neutral pronouns and will vaguely if ever describe the protagonist. The protagonist is you by the way. 

I know that I will be able to write and continue writing these imagins on almost a daily basis because of the Corona-virus. Now I promise I will not bring it up more than this one time, unless completely necessary. My school has been shut down for the remainder of the school year, and my state was restricting the gatherings of more than 10 people. The restrictions have been lifted to an extent but I still have an unholy amount of free time on my hands. Do not worry I am still completing my school assignments and such. Sticking to the point of bringing up the Corona-virus, I realize that people will become very bored and very lonely being stuck inside without the contact of the close people you may have adopted as family, so I hope at least I may provide a temporary distraction from that feeling.

On a lighter note, I have a snack, some warm tea, and the motivation to write, so let's get started.

(y/n)= your name

Warnings: Anxiety & swearing/ mention of drugs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your chest it's frozen, it feels just like a balloon being compressed almost to the point of exploding, bulging at the sides, your lungs ache. The sensation that you may cry lingers at the back of your throat and the back of your eyes. On the verge of hyperventilation, clueless at why a panic attack would knock you in the gut right now.

Why now? I am simply walking down the street.

The collar of your coat popped to appease your need to do random Sherlock like things. Scarf almost touching your nose as you speed walk down the street, hoping to suppress the panic for the safety of your closed doors. 

People walking by go from strangers to serial killers with a single sight and you pick up the speed, this is very inconvenient. your breath starts to shake as does the rest of you. Feet and hands becoming ice, knees turning into broken rubber bands. You almost collapsed as you stumble to the closest ally.

Breaking into mush you shake under the light of the cold afternoon sun, the chill only worsening the tremor. Knees pulled into your chest hugging your arms in a false embrace.

Ok, ok its just a panic attack. chill out. breath, in, out, in, out. Slower.

The breathing only slightly helps as the urge to cry almost steals your air again. 

The false embrace breaks as you cradle the back of your head, forehead touching your knees. You ground your self by counting the rocks right under you. Massaging the muscles of your neck and shoulders. You will not let any tears fall, you don't see the reason, you were just walking.

" Are you homeless?"

You freeze in your spot as the Scottish accent rings in your ears.

" Uhh? No I'm just resting."

" Strange, you are in an ally you know?" 

He states the obvious like you chose to ignore it.

" yes I know. Strangely, you choose to talk to a random person sitting in an ally, can I help you?"

You are still filled with anxiety and are not really in the mood to speak with this strange, grey hair Scotsman.

" Oh! Right, yes! I remember. Uh where am I?"