Who'll be with me? ( Part 16 )

I sat down on my bed as the morning sun passed through my window.

Sooner or later Mother will be gone...

I was quite happy Haechan healed much faster than I thought. I did my routine & went downstairs.

I saw Mother cooking breakfast. I walked up to her & hugged her. It suddenly became a habit for me to hug Mother after hearing that bad news.

I saw her smile which made me smile as well.

"What's for breakfast?", I asked Mother.

"Your favourite~~~.", Mother said.

I smiled & jumped around feeling happy. I suddenly heard sniffs as if she was crying.

I took a small glimpse of her tears streaming down her cheeks. I quickly took some tissue & gave it to her like a little girl.

"Thanks...", she said, quickly wiping her tears away.

I thought that... maybe she'll miss cooking my favourite meals.

So I tested her if she'll tell me the truth.

"Why did you cry Mother..?", I asked her.

"Oh, just.. I was cutting onions earlier.", she said as she looked up to make her tears stop flowing.

"Oh.", I said as I heard her answer.

Was not expecting that.

I hugged her & said, "I'll be back."

She nodded as I left home & walked around the park. I smiled, remembering Haechan & I playing here.

"Hey girl~~~", I heard Haechan say, as if he was seducing me.

I turned to him & saw him leaning on a fire hydrant, smiling. I smiled back to him.

"So, are you feeling any better now?", I asked him.

"Better than always.", he said.

I saw a delivery guy walk towards our house.

"Do you think that's the clothes that we ordered online?", I asked Haechan as the delivery guy rang our doorbell.

"High chances.", Haechan said as we walked towards home.

"Delivery for... Lee Donghyuck..?", the guy said.

"That's me sir.", Haechan said.

The guy turned to Haechan & handed a quite big box. Haechan paid the guy & he left. We both rushed upstairs & placed the box in my room, on the floor.

"I'll just... stay with Mother for a while.", I said as I quickly left.

"Wait.", Haechan said.

I turned to him & gave him a questionable look.

"Did you heard?", he asked referring to the bad news.

I looked down & nodded.

I closed my door first & sat beside Haechan.

"I just wanted to spend as much time as I could with Mother before she leaves.", I said to him.

"I know.", Haechan said comforting me.

I mouthed a thank you & left the room. I went to Mother & saw her watching TV.

"Mother~~~", I called her.

She smiled weakly. I smiled as wide as I could for her. I sat beside her & talked with her.

"I know you heard what I said.", Mother said.

My eyes widen as she said that.

"You knew all this time..?", I asked her.

"Yeah...", she said.

"Let's not talk about that. I want you to spend your last moments here happy." I said as I hugged her.

She smiled as she hugged me back.

"So, psychologists say that if your best friend with an opposite gender for more than seven years, it's more than best friends.", Mother said teasingly.

I scoffed & said, "Well, he confessed to me."

Mother was shocked.

"So what did you say?", she asked as if we were best friends saying secrets to each other.

"Well, I thought that... maybe, I wasn't ready for a relationship yet.", I said.

"Oh, come on!", Mother said as if she wanted me to marry Haechan already.

"You want me to be Haechan's girl?", I asked Mother.

"Well, if Haechan's gone, you'll be all alone again... If me & your Dad dies, who'll be with you? If Haechan has another girl, what would happen to you?", Mother explained.

I mean, she did have a point...

"It's up to you Y/n. I don't want to choose who will be the love of your life, I'm just worried if Haechan would be gone. Who'll be with you then?", Mother asked.

"Well... I don't know...", I said.

"End of Part 16"