Chapter 6

Naina had to be careful that she didn't wake anyone up on the serene Saturday morning. Creeping around her home dragging her bag behind her as silently as she could. She was in the kitchen, making parathas without waking anyone up by the smell, or the noise, when she heard a noise, sounding like someone stirring up from their sleep. She froze, not wanting to turn around and face the source of the noise. "Please don't be mummy, please don't be mummy," she muttered under her breath again and again. Slowly, still muttering to herself. She turned around fingers crossed. Luckily, it was only Adi, causing her to sigh in relief.
"You don't have to be so quiet, mum and dad can sleep through anything." he said groggily plonking himself down on a chair taking a paratha from the pile that she had made. "Do you remember the one time that I had exams and I woke up early to revise and I was up clanging all the dishes and playing out music really loudly to help me concentrate, well if they could sleep through that, then I think that they could sleep through you making parathas honey." He said giggling to himself and reaching to take another paratha, but was stopped by Naina slapping his hand away like a mosquito. "Don't eat my parathas bhaiyya" she said going back to frying them. "How many are you going to make Naina?" He said counting the tall stack of parathas that she had made and was adding to fast. "Enough" she replied without looking at him and went back to her rolling pin. "Why don't you make yourself useful and put them all in tin foil instead of sitting there like a lump and counting them," she said facing him with the rolling pin in her hand. "Okay okay," he grumbled and followed her orders, causing her to laugh.
Soon enough they were done, with half an hour to spare, all the luggage was in Adi's car and they were ready to drive to Aditi's house. When they did pull up, and all the luggage was unloaded again, Naina turned to her brother with a huge smile on her face. "You look like a creep." Her brother told her his hands in his dressing gown pockets. Naina hadn't given him time to change, or even brush his teeth, or to put on shoes, hence he was standing here in his pyjamas and slippers, waiting to say goodbye to his sister, who was technically running away from home. When he expressed this thought to her in the car journey here, she replied that this was only temporary and was coming back. Adi couldn't wait to go back home to his mother an contain her anger when she finds out what Naina had done, and what she will do about it. "Passport?" Adi asked lazily, as Naina rechecked that she had everything. Naina nodded pulling it out of her backpack. "Clothes?" He asked leaning on the car, yawning. Naina rolled her eyes and nodded. "Ticket?" He asked finally, to which Naina showed him her ticket. "Okay good." He said getting off the car
"Remember only tell mummy when she asks and please try to calm her down, well as much as you can," she said giggling to herself. "You take care of yourself." Her brother said hugging her. "I will. Bye bhaiyya. " she said walking away, towards Aditi's house. She turned around before she reached the door an waved at him. He waved back, and made sure that she had rung the door bell before he sped off in his car.

"You better be able to explain yourself young lady, because just pressurising me to buy you a ticket wasn't easy. Especially the night before we leave. But anyway, you'll have to bunk with me in all the hotels because we can't inform them so late." Aditi said opening the door. With a lot of lugging, they brought all of Naina's bags inside. "What do you have in here, textbooks?"Aditi said sitting on one bag in her living room, Naina replied with a sheepish smile, causing Aditi to raise her eyebrow. "Really Naina really?" She said walking into the kitchen leaving Naina alone in the living room. "There's nothing wrong with it" Naina muttered under he breath following Aditi's lead. "You want anything to eat?" Aditi was sat on the kitchen counter with a pot of Nutella and a spoon. Naina walked over and took the spoon, eating some Nutella.

Soon enough, between the girls constant natter and eating the pot of Nutella, they didn't realise where the time went, and Avi and Akash were standing at the door contantly ringing the bell. "Time to go, "Aditi said hoping off the counter and opening the door. Naina licked her fingers clean of the spread and put it back in its place. She walked out behind Aditi to be greeted by Avi and Akash. "Naina, are you coming too?" Avi asked coming up to her and hugging her. Naina nodded shyly. "Will you two stop your family reunion and hurry you arses up." Aditi said hauling her bags out into the car. Soon enough all the bags were in the car, except Naina's. Her bags were the heaviest, and lugging them out on her own seemed very difficult. She wiped some beads of sweat on her forehead and continued to haul the bags across the carpet.
"Need help brainiac?" She heard Akash ask, and she nodded slowly, not looking at his face. "That would be appreciated, thank you." she replied smiling. She heard him chuckle as he lifted the bag with ease. "Come on then, we don't have all day. There's a train out there waiting for us." he said turning around and smiling at her. She stepped forward ready to go, but was stopped. Akash turned around for the second time to find Naina standing there with a tear rolling down her face. "Hey what's wrong?" He said going up to her and wiping the tear off her cheek.
"I've never done something like this," Naina replied looking in his eyes. Akash could see that behind the glasses, her eyes held a look of true fear, Akash brought her into a large hug, his arms wrapping around her body as she put her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. They stayed like this for a minute, and then pulled apart. "Now come on Naina, there's a world out there waiting to be discovered," he said dragging her out the door. Putting her bag in the boot of the car, he opened the door for her, and made sure that she was sat in the car before turning around and sitting in the driver seat himself. "Next stop, India." he said driving off. Naina looked out the window as she watched the small town where she had spent her life speed past. She sat thinking what the new journey held for her, and shrugged off the guilty feeling of leaving her family behind and doing something without telling them, but as someone smart once "There's a world out there waiting to be explored."

First things first, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in, a while, it's been a long time, but I just lost inspiration, and one of my closest friends lost someone important to them, and so I had to be there for them. But I have tried with this chapter so many times, and all of you guys have really helped with, and for that, I want to come and thank you all personally and give you a hug. And every time I look at this story, it has more and more views and votes and I want to thank you so much for taking the time out to read this story. This year, I will try really hard to update more and more regularly for you guys. I hope that you all had a good Christmas, and if you don't celebrate it, then I hope you had a good holiday, and a very very happy new year. This year, I have a lot of exams to prepare for, especially in the later part of this year (all the British students will know how hard it is to study GCSE's.) but I will try to update more regularly. I just want to thank one person in particular for being there for me, and cheering me up when I thought that I couldn't continue writing this story, that one person is tereishqmein She also has a story on wattpad, and if you could go and check it out, it would mean the world to me. She is such a nice person, and one of the main reasons that this chapter is finally on wattpad. So thank you so much Sadiqua.

Dreamer
Xxxxxx