PART I: The Factions

After a civil war, North America was destroyed and divided into nine factions

After a civil war, North America was destroyed and divided into nine factions. Each faction had a different resource that the other ones need. Some of the factions peacefully traded, while others had to resort to raiding in order to get the proper resources they need. The system was broken, but the factions adjusted well.

Providence was the faction of the government, a government so strong that they had bountiful resources and watched the other factions scavenge for food.

Trath was the faction of war. They had an abundance of weapons and could surely overthrow the Providence with a blink of an eye.

Ravno was the faction of agriculture. They had an abundance of food since they mostly operated farms.

Vitov was the faction of community. They had the Marketplace, a place where all the factions came together to trade their resources. They could have whatever they wanted, just for simply hosting the market.

Socora was the faction of medicine. They had high-tech labs hiding away in the mountains. No one bothered to climb all the way to the peaks where the labs were.

Naotula was the faction of peace. They had a stream that ran around the faction, so they were the primary source of water. No one ever disrupted them. They also had an abundance of raw material and would make clothing for other factions.

Zelore was the faction of energy. They provided technology, lights, oils and gas for the Providence. They would trade other factions, but unless you had something valuable, they almost never gave up supplies.

Tealee was the faction of the underground. No one ever sees them. They are as elusive as a shadow

That leaves us with Anthorne, my faction, the faction of survival. We did not have an abundance of anything. We barely had enough food, water, and resources for the whole faction. But what we lacked in resources we made up with knowledge. We could survive and, for us, that was what mattered.

 We could survive and, for us, that was what mattered