CHAPTER SIX

❨ 006 : ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ sɪʙʟɪɴɢs ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ❩

ALEC AND CAIUS ENTERED THE INSTITUTE FROM THE BACK AS LESS SUSPICIOUSLY AS POSSIBLE, with Caius continuously telling the Lightwood to not look around so it wouldn't be suspicious

ALEC AND CAIUS ENTERED THE INSTITUTE FROM THE BACK AS LESS SUSPICIOUSLY AS POSSIBLE, with Caius continuously telling the Lightwood to not look around so it wouldn't be suspicious. Alec obliged, trying to be normal. They walked over to the safe of weapons and Alec pressed the button, the safe opening and him taking the bow and arrows.

Caius left to go back to his room that Alec had arranged on his first day in the Institute and grabbed a suitcase that contained all his daggers. He went back to the training room to see Alec running his stele on his arrows, runing it. He placed the suitcase above the table and opened it, revealing a stash of daggers. Alec smirked after seeing the daggers before setting his last arrow down, his eyes falling on Caius who started examining his daggers.

"Why do you have daggers when you have canines and claws?" The Lightwood asked curiously.

Caius didn't look up from his weapons as he carefully shoved a dagger each in his boots. "It's more useful. I can throw it everywhere and hit the enemy from the distance." Alec nods in understanding, watching as Caius continued to shove some daggers wherever he can. Turns out, he had a belt that had a dagger holster so he shoved some inside.

His gaze then snapped to the entrance of the training room after his ears picked up a sound of footsteps and quickly closed the suitcase, walking around of the table and standing in front of Alec as their bodies hid the weapons above the table. "What are you doing?" Alec asked with furrowed brows.

Caius smirked and leaned closer, his arms wrapping around Alec's waist. He can practically feel Alec's heartbeat quicken. The latter's breath hitched as their faces were inches apart, before Hodge's voice interrupted their moment.

"Alec, Caius..." His voice instantly caused Alec to widen his eyes as he jumped away from Caius slightly. The werewolf turned to Hodge with a smirk dancing on his lips. The man had a surprised gaze, his brows were raised as he looked at the two suspiciously. "Did I.... interrupt something?"

Alec cleared his throat, blush creeping in his cheeks. "Uh... no, no, you didn't. We were just, uh..."

Caius chuckled in amusement at him and turned to Hodge, "You didn't. We were just about to have our moment."

Hodge smiled and nodded in understanding. "Be careful next time." He left, causing the Lightwood to sigh in relief.

"You knew he was coming, didn't you?" Alec asked the werewolf.

Caius still had a teasing smirk as he turned back to the Lightwood. "Well, it's not werewolf without enhanced hearing ability." He shrugged innocently.