CHAPTER FOUR

❨ 004 : sɪᴍᴏɴ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴋɪᴅɴᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ❩

THE TEAM WERE CURRENTLY IN SIMON'S VAN AS THEY DROVE TO THE CITY OF BONES

THE TEAM WERE CURRENTLY IN SIMON'S VAN AS THEY DROVE TO THE CITY OF BONES. One of them had to sit on someone's lap due to the lack of space in the van and Caius took his chance to volunteer and sit on Alec's lap. Jace suggested Clary to be the one to sit on someone's lap, but backed away immediately after seeing Isabelle glaring daggers at him with an intimidating look. That's how Caius ended up above Alec's lap with a very satisfied look on his face.

Not so surprisingly, Alec had a satisfied look on his face as well. His hands were on Caius's waist just in case Simon makes a sharp turn, so that he would be able to prevent him from getting thrown around.

Caius leaned back and rested his back against Alec's chest as he took out his phone, but Alec snatched it away even before he could unlock it. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked, looking at Alec over his shoulder.

"Taking your phone away. You can't use your phone when you're around me."

"Why not? Are you afraid the phone's gonna rip my attention away from you?" Caius asked with a smirk, causing Alec to avoid eye contact. "I don't think that's possible." Alec replied as he looked out the windows like the scenery were the most interesting thing in the world, even when it really weren't.

Caius chuckled, deciding to forget about his phone. "Yep, pretty impossible if you'd ask me."

The van came to a stop and Caius immediately got out, followed by Alec and others. They looked around their surroundings; overgrown grass were all over the place and the only source of light were the small fire that was in some kind of bin. All in all, it was an ultimate horror movie like place.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon said while looking around, obviously creeped out by the whole thing.

Caius gave him an amused smirk and Isabelle chuckled, "Don't tell me you're afraid."

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."

"Well, don't say everything that's in your head. I'm certain you'll only embarrass yourself." Caius patted his shoulder mockingly with a fake smile. Simon glared at him, but he just shrugged.

"Let's check it out." Alec said as he moved forward and stopped Caius from following him, "Stay here."

Caius frowned, "I can take care of myself."

"Stay with them." He pointed at Clary and Simon who just got stopped by Jace from following them. "I don't want you getting hurt anymore, considering your werewolf healing doesn't work right away."