2. Shouto's past

"So this is the great hall and behind that door is the wardrobe for the staff." Still holding your hand Fuyumi drags you down the hall. "Behind this door is the dinning area." You turn right and walk into a decent sized room. "On the left is the kitchen." Fuyumi let's go of your hand. "You can help Hana lay the table and after that you can wash your hands and take a seat. If you need anything you can always asks Hana or Matsu." Fuyumi smiles and walks out of the room.
"I am here [Y/N]! Can you help me a bit?" That was Hana. You open the door and see a big, pretty kitchen. "Can you put the plates and cutlery on the table for me?"
You nod.
"This is the cupboard where the plates are," Hana points with her foot, "And in this drawer is the cutlery." She taps with her hand on a drawer.
You take eight plates and lay them on the table. Shouto walks in. "Did you invite someone over?" He smirks.
You look surprised. "No I didn't, why?"
"You took a plate too much." He puts one plate back into your hands.
You stare at him. "B-but we are with 8 people, right? Hana, Matsu, Fuyumi, Natsuo, you, Endeavor, your mother and me." You look at your hands which count 8 people on them.
Shouto shakes with his head. "I guess you didn't know. My mother died in a car accident when I was 6."
"S-She did? Oh I am... so sorry." You start to tear up. Shouto looks surprised but before he could say anything Hana shouts "[Y/N] HELP ME!" After that you hear a lot of things fall and you rush to the kitchen. You see Hana sitting on the ground surrounded by food and plates. "Are you alright?" You help Hana get up.
"Yes yes I am alright, I tripped while holding food, I tried to keep my balance but I am not a ballerina so I fell."
You look at the food that now lays on the ground.
Shouto also comes in the kitchen. "Are you alright Hana? I'll ask if father can order something."
"I am so sorry Shouto. [Y/N] can you help me clean this up?"
"Of course." you say.
In the end Endeavor bought some sushi for everybody. The excuse was that it was [Y/N]'s first day so it should be something special. You tried to convince them that you weren't that special and you would be okay with bread but they didn't want to hear it. Fuyumi was really nice to you and you could see that Hana had taken over the role as a mother and everybody respected her. Matsu didn't say much and so were Natsuo and Shouto. Endeavor asked you some more questions.
"What is your quirk [Y/N]?"
"What is my quirk? I don't know actually."
"Did you never try to find out?"
"N-No, I never got the chance to try things out."
"Maybe we will find out if we discover your last name." Shouto says.
You nod.
After dinner you helped Hana wash the dishes and when you finished Matsu showed you around the manor.
"These are the libraries and those are the guest rooms." You walk throw a hallway. "This is your bedroom." You stand in front of a big door. "This is a bedroom?" "Yes, on the left is sir Shouto's room and on the right is Hana's room." Matsu walks away.
You take a deep breath. Why am I nervous to walk into my own bedroom? How many times did I have my own bedroom? I guess it was twice. You open the door.
It's a pretty big room. There is a large door with a balcony and white curtains. On the left stands your bed. A DOUBLE BED?! The walls are painted white but the wall where your bed stands has flower wallpaper on it. On the opposite of your bed stands a drawer with a desk and a sink. In a corner stands a pot with a plant. It's so pretty!! Why do they give staff such a pretty room? Suddenly you get scared. Wait did I walk into the wrong room? You go back to the door.
[Y/N] is written on a sign. So this really is my room! You walk onto the balcony. "It's so pretty here." You let the wind blow through your hair.
"You're right, it is pretty here." You hear somebody say. You turn to your left. Shouto stands on his balcony and looks at you.
"How old are you [Y/N]?"
"I am 15, I turn 16 in two days."
"I am 17." Shouto looks away. "I am now in my 3rd year of highschool which means I'll graduate this year." He sighs.
"I am glad you like your room." He looks back at you. "I am sorry I made you cry before dinner."
You turn red, "I-I didn't cry. I just got something in my eye, that's all."
"You know, my father wasn't always so 'friendly'. He used to abuse my mother physically and mentally. He wanted a child who could surpass All Might, surpass the number one hero since he couldn't. He needed my mother's ice quirk so he forced a marriage with her. After Touya, Fuyumi and Natsuo I was the chosen one because I had a strong fire and a strong ice quirk. He kept training and training me until I almost passed out. My mother used to stand up for me but my father didn't want to hear it. At some point my mother broke down and poured boiling water on my face. After that my father understood what he had done and apologised and he changed. We were finally a happy family but that stupid drunk driver had to ruin it all." You could hear the anger in his voice. "But it's alright, we can't do anything about it now can we?" He looks back at you.
You stare at him, tears rolling down your cheeks.
"I-I am so sorry to hear that..."

(To be continued)