Chapter 2: Explanations

Começar do início

Aquarius gritted his teeth. "Gemini, shut the hell up and just get us to the facility already!" 

"Fine, fine." Gemini fished out a round device from her pocket. "Ready, everyone?" She threw it onto the ground. "Zodiac Headquarters." 

The world warped, and a moment later they were teleported out. 

---------------------------------------

"Ugh! Get this body off me!" 

Ursa stood up from her throne at the sound of the zodiacs teleporting into the main room. "You're back so soon. Did you complete your mission-oh my!" 

She rushed to Taurus first. "So you're the one we've been looking for! And the one who caused that huge electrical outbreak a few minutes ago! Capricorn just called in." 

"He-llo," Gemini said, throwing the dead attacker onto the ground. "There's a dead body and it's ruining my clothes." 

"Right, right," Ursa snapped her fingers and the body slowly disentegrated. "We can gather information later. Right now we should quickly heal Aquarius then continue talking. Pisces!" 

Pisces hurried into the room and tsked when she saw his wounds. "You're usually more careful, niichan." 

"He had superspeed," Aquarius muttered. 

"Well, that's a uncommon one. Anyway, stand still for me." Once Aquarius had, Pisces, closed her eyes and summoned water. It swirled around his wounds, and when it dropped away the wounds were completely healed. The blood was gone as well. "There we go." 

"Thanks," Aquarius said. 

"That's a useful ability," Taurus spoke up quietly. "Mr. Aquarius is all better now." 

Pisces looked over at him and everybody could see her blush bright red. "W-w-well, um, t-thanks!" 

The other four facepalmed in unison. 

"Anyway, moving on from teenage drama," Ursa said, rolling her eyes, "Let's talk." 

Again Aquarius told her what happened. By the time he finished her eyes were wide. "Very interesting. An ice spear, huh? We haven't seen one of those in nearly two thousand years." 

"Excuse me," Taurus said. "If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know what's going on." 

That's right, Aquarius realized. He doesn't even know what's going on. I'm amazed his mind isn't broken right now. Not many people can handle this kind of pressure all at once and not break. 

Ursa smiled at him. "All will be explained soon, my dear boy. But first, let's get a look at those eyes of yours." She blew a small gust of wind towards him, ruffling his bangs and letting his eyes show. She smiled. "Good. You know, if you cut your bangs, you're quite handsome!" 

The three zodiacs facepalmed and groaned. "Ursa, that's a really bad habit of yours." 

"But it's true!" she objected. "Okay, okay, fine, I know, let's keep going. Sun and Moon will yell at me if I don't do my job anyway." 

The pitter-patter of three pairs of feet alerted them to the entrance of three other zodiacs-Aries, confident as always, Capricorn, wires twisted around his neck and a charger in one hand, and Cancer, a soccer ball tucked under his arm. "Hey, your leader is here!" Aries called. "So, how was the mission?" 

"You're... the leader?" 

Aries turned her red-eyed gaze onto Taurus. She quite literally towered over him. "Oh, so here's the new guy! Nice! That's some seriously long hair you've got there."