Confidence and First Official Call Up

(Greyson POV)

I bolt up from my bed, sweating, with tears running down my face. I didn't realize they were there until I took a sharp breath, trying so hard to not let out a sob. Walking into the bathroom, I splash my face with warm water before I look at Scooby, Onyx, and Sasha, laying across the other side of my bed. I climb into the bed and get as close to the dogs as I can and lay my head on Scooby. A few hours later, around 2 in the morning, it happens again, this time I was woken up by mom. The tears started to stream faster and I ended up burying my head into her neck. I wake up around 10:00 and do my morning routine before taking Scooby out because he was still laying on my bed, waiting for me. "How you feeling kiddo?" "Fine" I say as I am brought into a hug by mom. Ever since that day, I feel as though my voice has gotten 'smaller', I have become more quiet, and less confident. "Can we go and get my truck sometime today?" I mumble and she nods. They brought my bag and shattered remains of my phone and gave them to mom when she got to the hospital. Dad was out of town for a business meeting because his work wanted to expand into other places. After we had breakfast, mom grabbed her keys and I grabbed mine and we put the dogs in the back seat of her car before going to the school. We get there and I freeze for a second, just looking at the school gave me the chills. "Are you okay Greyson?" "Yeah, just thinking" "okay" I climb out of her car and into my truck. The passenger window was still rolled down a bit from the other day. Sitting in the passenger seat were a bunch of letters and I looked down in confusion. I follow her home and sit int the truck for a few minutes until there was a knock on the window and I look up to see one of the people that I didn't expect to be in Seattle. I opened the door and jumped into Becky's arms. "Hi" I say into her shoulder as she responds with the same words I had previously used. "Why are you here?" "I wanted to come and see my favorite, don't tell anyone I said that" She says as I detach myself from her and look back into the passenger side of my truck. Before we go inside, I grab all of the envelopes and shut the door. I put all of them on my bed to look at later when I am alone in my room, before I go to bed. When I get back out to the living room, they were both sitting on the same couch so I went over and lay across them, sticking my tongue out at them when they look down. Mom's phone started to ring and I didn't really pay attention, even when Becky got a phone call soon after. A while later, my phone, that was on the counter, starts to buzz. I stand up and grab my phone before walking to my room to answer it. "Hello?" "Hello, is this Greyson Keys?" "Yes, this is her, may I ask who this is?" "This is Jill Ellis with the United States Senior National Team and I was calling to ask you if you would like to come to our next camp officially being on the team. We have been watching you and we know that you will be a very good fit for our senior team and we can push you to be the best soccer player that you can be" "I would love to come, thank you!" "Alright, I will be in touch with you letting both you and Hope know the information for camp" "Alright, thanks Jill!" "Have a good day Greyson" "You too Jill" We exchange goodbyes and hang up. When we are off the phone, I sit on my bed and mess with the dog tags sitting around my neck from my best friend who is currently serving. "I'm going places Cody. Doing what you would want me to do. I'm where I want to be. Gosh, I can't wait to see you again". I make my way back to the living room, where both of them look at me and I just raise my eyebrow. "So?" "Y'all probably already know what that phone call was about though?" "Oh, we know, we just want to hear you say it" Becky speaks to me. "Okay, I got called up to the actual senior national team by Jill" I spit out with a big smile on my face. "That's our girl" mom says before they both engulf me in a hug and a few minutes later, we decide to go and get ice cream.