The Championship and parent's night

(Greyson POV)

     I walk into coach's office after practice to ask him my question about the upcoming state championship. "Hey Coach, I have a proposition for you" "go on" "I think that it would be really cool if we wore the numbers and names of the U.S. women's soccer team for the championship game. I would be okay with designing each one if you would let us do it." "I love that idea, if you want to design them that would be even better" "I'll get on that then. I have to go, my ride is waiting" "Goodbye" "See ya later coach". I see Hope's car and make my way over with my bags. "Hey kiddo, you look happy" "I am. I'm planning something crazy for the championship game in two weeks" "Okay. You ready?" "Super ready" I shoot her a genuine smile. We get back to the house and I take a quick shower and then get my laptop out and start on the uniforms. I decided that the goalkeeper uniforms are going to be a royal blue with the classic white number and font. The other uniforms are white with a black number. I message coach with the designs and tell him we should match our numbers with their numbers. On the front of both jerseys will have the school name across it and emblem with our last name on the left corner. This also happens to be parents night for us and he sent an email to confirm parents or guardians that will be mentioned before the game. I asked dad to see if Hope would go and be an honorary parent. I sent the email telling coach that Hope was going to be listed as another parent. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to my alarm and rolled out of bed and into my closet to grab clothes. I grabbed jeans, my department of defense shirt, and black Nike shoes. I went to grab my bags and noticed a pair of goalkeeper gloves on my soccer one. They were Hope's keeper gloves. I smiled and placed them in my bag before making my way down the stairs and Hope is sitting at the island. "Morning" "Good morning superstar, you have the very lucky gloves" "Yeah, the super lucky gloves". She hands me a bag and I give her a questioning look. "It's a doughnut" "Oh, okay. Thanks" I give her a hug and then follow her out to her car. On the way to the school, I eat the doughnut and put the bag in my bag pocket. "See you later" "See ya". 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we warm up, we all go and switch into the uniforms I designed and they looked amazing. We put our normal cover ups over them. I was given the captains band for this game. We stand in a line by position and starters are behind the non-starters for this game. They call our parents down and I see my dad followed by my favorite brunette. They walk over and hug me before standing beside me. I get both of the things that we have for parent's night for the parents from the coach. Our school ended up hosting the championship, much to our advantage. I look down at the gloves and smile then look back up. When they get to me on the list it was exciting. "Your goalkeeper and captain for this match Greyson Keys, with her father Jackson Keys and her honorary guardian Hope Solo". I hand them the stuff and step forward and wave. "Greyson also gave the idea for the school to be wearing the names of the United States Women's National Team on their back, she also designed the jerseys for today's game". They did the national anthem after the parents went over to their seats. We go and take our cover ups off to reveal our jerseys. I put on Hope's gloves and then grab a rag. I spot her in the stands and her eyes meet mine. I turn around quick to show her the fact that I'm wearing her name on my back. I made my way over to my goal and jumped around a few times to get rid of my nerves after doing the coin flip. We start out with the ball from winning the flip. After about 15 minutes, the ball went out for a goal kick for me. I see that their goalie is way off her line and I look to coach and give him the signal for trying my special trick. I took five steps and put my laces through the ball. I watch it fly through the air, bouncing before going into the back of the other team's net. The crowd went crazy and I catch a body that came flying into me. I kiss the name on the cuff of the glove and then speak up. "Lets go and get more guys" they nod and reset into their position. I had to make a few more saves but there was another opening for me to do my thing in the 40th minute. We watch it go into the back of the net again and I kissed the glove and held up the number one. Nothing much happened after that, I had to make a few more saves but we went into halftime with a 2-0 lead. I give my talk after the coach and look at the girls. My last sentence got a reply. "I believe in all of you" "Score again and we'll really believe in everyone captain" "Lead us to the top ladies" I yell out before we go back on and switch directions. I had to make another couple of saves before I found my third moment of the day. I put my laces through the ball once again and watch as it curves perfectly into the net. My third goal from the other goal in the 60th minute. We continue playing and I had to make a few over the top saves to keep the game at a    3-0 lead. I got the ball and this time, their goalie was on her line. Kicking it up to a forward that is making her run, she slots it into the back of the net. "That's what I'm talking about ladies" I shout out to all of my girls. A few more minutes pass and the whistle goes off, signaling the end of the game. All of my team runs back and pulls me into a hug. "I'm incredibly proud of every one of you. Lets go and shake hands and then we can celebrate after lifting that trophy" I grabbed all of my stuff from beside the net and walking over to shake hands. After shaking hands, the medal ceremony went quickly and I spotted Hope again, this time she was on the field, but there were other people following her. I look up and run to her, jumping into her arms. She hugs me back and spins me around before putting me back on the ground. "I want you to meet a few people" at this point, my team was standing behind me and looking at the national team with wide eyes. We all get introduced to the others and I automatically get talked to by Alex, Kelley, Christen, and Tobin. After a while, we all decide to meet up at a place to go and eat. I make my way to the locker room and find the game ball, signed, on top of my duffel bag. I put it inside along with my cleats and the gloves. I peel the tape off of my hands and slide on my rainbow Crocs. I throw the tape away and then make my way out to Hope and the others. "You ready superstar?" "Yeah, I am".