【three】

chapter three » basement

"I just want to hear the guitar solo one more time," Jackie told everyone as they sat in the basement. Everyone, but Christina groaned as Jackie ran over to the record player about to play the track once again.

"God, not again, Jackie," Hyde huffed out, "Use the headphones." At his statement, she reluctantly plugged in the wire to the record player and put on the headphones before he continued lowly, "Now wrap the cord around your neck."

Christina let out a light laugh as she sat on the couch next to Donna, who was the next person to introduce herself besides Hyde. She fell in love with Christina's skates once she caught sight of them, instantly glad to know she wouldn't be the only female there, if you don't count Jackie.

"Hey guys, would you respect me if I worked in the town dump?" Eric asked, looking up from the classified section in the newspaper.

"The town dump? No," Donna answered, "The state dump, though.." She trailed off jokingly and Eric made a face as Christina then spoke.

"Why are you looking for a job?"

"Everything cost money. Gas, clothes.." Eric responded to her, before Hyde tapped her on her shoulder, so she can see the can of soda he held in his hand when she turned to him.

She smiled to him as she took it, but Kelso then got up from his seat next to Fez to squeeze himself in between her and Donna. Donna gave him a look and so did Hyde, but Kelso held a childish grin as he met Christina's confused eyes, "So, Christina, if your like from Japan, I assume you speak Japanese?"

Christina raised a brow, slightly amazed at him, "In fact I do."

"Can you say something sexy to me in Japanese then?" Kelso asked, but was quickly elbowed in the ribs by Donna, causing him to go back to Eric's topic, "What about dates? Dates cost money."

"No, Kelso, that is prostitution." Fez quickly argued, but Hyde stepped in.

"Dating is prostitution, man," Hyde told Fez and Christina raised a brow at him, "Only you don't always get what you pay for."

At his words, the boys laugh, though Donna quickly intervened, "Said the man who never had a girlfriend."

"You never had a girlfriend?" Christina asked and Hyde looked at her, subtly fixing his shades.

"You guys don't remember Esther, the biker chick?" He asked his friends, in hopes they remembered. He didn't want Christina thinking he couldn't manage being with a girl.

"What happened to her?" Christina asked, though she felt like she was intruding just by asking that. She had only been in the basement for most of the day, seeing that it was almost 7. She didn't expect to be so divulged in their lifestyle already because she believed that she wasn't going to like them. She believed that they would just be those annoying kids that always disturb the peace in the neighborhood, but as she sat with them, she realized that they were all just teens soaking up the washed out and hippie trend that introduced itself in this decade.

Hyde continued to look at her, but scratched the back of his head as he answered, "She's dating my uncle."

"Well, I'm going home for dinner," Donna told the group, standing up from the couch, causing Michael to scoot over in her former seat, "By the way, Mom and Dad are going to the Playboy Club at Lake Geneva this weekend. Do you guys want souvenirs?"