"The X-Advisors..." Part XVIII...

Start from the beginning

"We'll check all data...Talk to his mom...He has us on the case now, we'll get him though this." Howard patted him as the doors closed.

"I don't want Leonard to die..." Sheldon looked to both... "He's my best friend excepting Amy now."

"Sheldon..."

"I didn't say a word in front of Penny...But I can say it to you two, can't I? I don't want Leonard to die and he nearly did die tonight, because of me."

"None of us knew his asthma was getting like this, Sheldon..." Howard sighed. "You weren't expecting it. We don't blame you."

"But you'll have to start going easier on Leonard, dude..." Raj noted. "He could have died tonight."

"He did die tonight..." Sheldon eyed them... "I told you, the EMTs said his heart stopped for thirty seconds."

"And we appreciate that you didn't tell Penny." Raj nodded.

"It's not quite the same thing...As a short Jewish man with a long history of family members dying in their early and middle 50s, I expect my heart to stop numerous times before even love of Bernie can't get the old ticker to restart. Don't be panicky for him, Sheldon, Leonard's tougher than he looks, especially in an ER with a tube in his nose. Just try to help Penny deal with this. She's not used to dealing with this kind of thing as an all-American ad for genetic fitness. I'm sure the idea of a breakable guy is new and frightening to her." Howard eyed him.

"On the other hand, for once, your obsession with neatness, health, and detail could probably help here, if properly channeled." Raj pointed out.

"Yes..." Sheldon nodded. "There's certainly no one better suited than me to bestow advice on Leonard's daily regimen. Well, that settles that...I'll have to move in with the Hofstadters. Or rather, Penny will have to move into Leonard's bedroom."

"Sheldon...The Hofstadters as I guess we really do have to call them...God..." Raj grinned. "And I bet their babies will be smart and beautiful...Won't want a permanent house guest. Not to mention you're engaged too, you know. Amy isn't going to want to move into your bedroom. Well, at least..." shrug... "Not with Leonard and Penny in the next room, on a permanent basis."

"Certainly not on a permanent basis..." Sheldon frowned. "We'll have to buy a duplex somewhere..."

"Well, hold off on that brainstorm for a few days, Sheldon..." Howard sighed. "Poor Penny is so scared right now she'd probably jump at the idea and that's asking a lot of equally poor Amy."

....

"Well..." Penny stood up, rising off Leonard's bed. "I think we'd better get some sleep. Let me know if..."

"Penny...You are not going to spend our wedding night on the couch..." Leonard frowned.

"I don't wanna hurt you...Tomorrow night...I'll rock your world..." she began, nervously.

"I don't need it rocked. You've already done that. I just need you with me." He patted the bed. "Studies show married people who sleep together endure illness better. You don't wanna fly in the face of Science, Mrs. H.?" smile. "Be with me, sweetheart."

"You won't croak on me...?" she eyed him, tearing.

"I promise...But if I ever do, I'd much rather do it in your arms, Penelope."

"Me, too..." she gasped. "Oh, Leonard..."

"Quite a night..." he grinned. "Lets make it perfect...Especially given what we are paying for this honeymoon suite."

"Not too perfect..." nervous glance. "Sheldon would never let me hear the end of it if I killed you. Every day he'd be at our tombstone after I jumped out that window over there. 'Penny...Penny...Penny...I have some more data on the effects of sexual excitement and asthmatic-induced heart attack that I want to show you.'"