"The X-Advisors..." Part XIII...

Începe de la început

Hmmn? Oh, if Dad wants to express his joy...Leonard stared...

Who am I to stand in Dad's way? Grin to Sheldon...

"Leonard? Dad wants to pay for the wedding...He's insisting..."

Oh, I clearly died tonight and this is either Heaven or the dream before everything shuts down for good...

"Uh, well...If he really feels he must..."

"Oh, thank you, honey. He'll be so pleased..." she patted him. "Dad? Leonard says if you really feel that way...Ok. Ok, good. Can we have everybody? All our friends here? Well..."

Hmmn...I don't think seven...Eight if we include Alex, as a nice gesture...

"Well, there's our gang...And all the folks in Leonard's department at Cal Tech...And his bosses, the Chairguy, Dr. Gablehauser and the President of Cal Tech, Dr. Siebert, and their guys...Dad..." Penny grinned... "A bunch of the world's leading scientists are coming to your lil' slugger's wedding...Can you believe it? Oh and some of my friends...And some wealthy guys...Alumni, Leonard?.."

He stared...Nodding blankly...

The whole department, Dr. Gablehauser, President Siebert...And wealthy alumni?

"Alumni, Dad...Of the Physics department and anyone President Siebert suggests...I'll get a list from him...Oh..." she eyed Amy beside her.

She'll get a list? From President Siebert? Leonard stared...

My god...I have a manager...He blinked...Slowly grinning...

And a damn good one...

"Sheldon and I can do something separately. Don't worry about, bestie." Amy, quickly.

Penny put up a hand... "Dad? Sheldon and Amy are getting married too. Yeah, the crazy roommate...We wanted to do a double...Oh, thanks, Daddy!"

Sheldon, nonplused...

"I was tested...Leonard?"

"He says fine, more the merrier..." Penny hissed to Amy...

"Your dad can really cover all this?" Amy blinked...

And couldn't cover your last five years here...She did not say...

"I have money...We'll take care of our half..." Sheldon cut in.

Amy, looking away...

Well...Given that money could take us to Paris for a honeymoon and pay a downpayment on a nice townhouse...

"Mom will want to have her minister..." Sheldon noted. "And my family will insist on coming...Any event with free food and booze, they're there."

"Well, ok, Sheldon...We'll work it out later..." Penny nodded.

Right...So much for Paris...Amy sighed.

"We'd have to do it here, I think...Is that ok, Dad? Great...You decide who from the family...Excuse me..." Penny paused. Assuming regal air befitting the wife of Dr. Leonard Hofstadter... "I mean, Whom, Father... From the family to invite, ok? Well, if they can't fly we can put em in a rental van. Uh...No. Probably not a good idea to invite anyone with a drug conviction or a rap sheet in general. Well, that sure narrows it down, eh?" grin. "Say it, Daddy...I know you want to...My lil' Mrs. Penny Hofstadter...Oh! Daddy!" she sobbed. "But oh, you know...You know...I'll always be your lil' slugger. Won't I, Leonard?" she looked to him.

Uh... "Yeah...Suuree." Leonard nodded.

Sheldon eyeing Amy who'd glanced at him... "I'll have Leonard's mother explain later...Interesting case of parental expectation and gender role affect."