"The X-Advisors..." Part XII...

Start from the beginning

"God, what the hell are you doing here?!" he glared at her. "Go away! Avaunt! Be gone! Oh, not you..." he eyed the two EMTs, carrying collapsed gurney, staring at him from behind her. "You come in..." he waved them in.

"Go!" he cried to Susan, rather furious now...

She, crestfallen, turning away as he led the EMTs into the bedroom...But pausing...Wandering into the living room as the three raced in to Leonard.

Looking round...Then stepping round as the sounds of the EMTs questioning both Sheldon and Leonard came to her...She pausing at various pictures. Eyeing one of Leonard and Sheldon, then one of Amy...

Ruefully looking round...But still hesitating...

The team, Sheldon anxiously following, wheeling Leonard out...He with mask strapped...

"No, no chance of using the elevator..." he was telling them. Glaring at Susan...

"You've got the O2 too high." Susan noted, eyeing the regulator. "Sorry, Sheldon, but these guys usually do that...My dad has mild emphysema...I wanted to be sure they turned it down a bit."

He stared at her wan smile... "Right, turn it down, please?" he addressed the EMTs.

"Good, I'll get going now." Susan nodded. "Sorry to have intruded." She headed out the door...Leonard lifting head to stare a bit.

"Oh, come on...!" Sheldon frowned at Leonard.

....

Pasadena Memorial Hospital...ER waiting room...

"He's going to be fine...He'll be fine...He'll be fine..." Penny, over and over...Raj and Lucy standing with her, arms round her.

"Amy!" she cried, as Amy and Bernadette entered, Howard following...Running to her, embracing... "Oh, Amy...Say he'll be all right?!"

"He will..." Amy rocked her... "Penny, he's been through too much to die now...Not Leonard Hofstadter."

"Right, right..." Penny, dazed... "Oh, why can't we go in...Howard?"

"On it...Raj?" Howard nodded to him, both heading over to the ER desk.

Sheldon emerging from the ER doorway...Penny looking to him...

"He'll be fine. He will. It's fine." He noted.

"Oh..." Penny, sobbing...Embracing him... "Thanks, thankyou, ohthanks, ohSheldon, Sheldon thank you...Can we...?"

"Mission accomplished..." Howard had come over... "Come on, Penny..." he smiled. "Bernie?"

"Oh, Raj and Lucy too..." Penny insisted...

"If they throw us out, they throw us out..." Raj, nodded...Lucy as well nodding...

"Sure..." Howard nodded.

"Sheldon?" Penny turned to him.

"We'll be right here." Sheldon nodded. She smiled, nodding...Letting the others lead her in...

"Good job..." Amy, wan smile, patting him...

"You come over here..." he eyed her sternly...Pulling her over to an empty area in the ER.

She reluctantly following...

"I dated Susan when I was thirteen." He noted quietly. "I kissed her and I enjoyed it and...I'm sorry, that's what I was upset about. I should have told you before she came, but I was hoping she'd forgotten it all, she knowing so many men..."

"But only one Sheldon Cooper..." Amy eyed him... "And?"

"And she asked me to marry her and I accepted...Amy, it's not the same and I was serious tonight, not drunk, not being funny. I want to marry you."

She sighed, eyeing him...Wan smile. "Only you got the real reason I was so upset..."

"I shouldn't've let it seem like a joke...But you were hard to pin down on a commitment. Coital rendezvous seemed like your main goal, sometimes. I wanted a commitment."

She nodded... "And Susan wasn't coming over?"

"You know she wanted to..." calm stare. "And she tried to. But I didn't ask her to and I tole her to go. Leonard was busying staring death in the face but that's the truth."

"But you do love her, don't you? You did then and you do now."

"I love her as my poor friend who's had a lot of trouble and who loved me when I needed someone to...Not as I love you, Amy. Please, say you believe me and marry me, Amy. My train girl..." he eyed her.

She staring... "You remembered, of course...Your eidetic memory...You knew all along."

"No, I didn't...I didn't get a good look at you on the train from New York. Just your poor sister...How is she, by the way?"

"Lets leave Charlotte for another day..." Amy, hastily..."So, if you didn't see me on the train..."

"Meemaw recognized you from the picture Mom gave her of us a few months ago...And I saw you at the station, Penn Station in New York. When I filed my application with the train people to save the station before we left for Maine on the train you were on. You were the girl who told them you'd complain if they threw my petition out. It didn't seem important, but the memory is there. You have been stalking me, Amy Farrah Fowler..." he frowned. "I didn't want to mention it, since it didn't seem to be a problem but now...You concealed it from me, Amy. You lied on your internet profile and you lied when you said you'd never met me."

"I thought you might be frightened if you knew..." she sighed. "If you knew I've been following you around for years, keeping track of you."

"That's the definition of a stalker..."

"And a lover...Sheldon, I've loved you since I was 11 years old and it's only gotten stronger since the day an angel from Heaven was so kind to my poor sister..." she closed her eyes. "I went to the University of Austin just to see you again, I came to Cal Tech the moment a chance opened up...And when Raj and Howard put that profile of you up...I saw my chance and took it, knowing I might scare you off forever...But I had to try." she bent head... "I never thought anything as beautiful as you would come to me...So I came to you."

"Naturally..." he eyed her, arch look.