||

Yoongi sat cross-legged in an exquisite black suit with white pinstripes behind the partition wall that hung from the ceiling low enough to conceal his face all the way to his torso. It was the best way to keep anyone from seeing his face when they spoke to the boss in person. Again, he didn't need everyone aware of his status within their organization as the door creaked open. A struggling male was thrown before him by Hoseok and Taehyung, both standing behind him with their hands clasped in front of them. The anxious male glared at the two behind him before crawling towards the partition to plead for himself. "Please, boss, whatever it is they say I've done, they're lying," the male pleaded with certainty as Yoongi scoffed behind the partition.

Using a deeper voice than normal to disguise himself, Yoongi asked the burning question on his mind. "It's funny how you immediately refute your case by saying someone is lying. Suga is the reason you are here and it's because you have broken the code of honor by continuously trying to seduce his charge. Do you still cling to the belief that Suga is lying, Kai?" Yoongi inquired blatantly, restraining himself from killing the man where he stood. Kai scoffed at Yoongi's code name within the clan, rolling his eyes in defiance when he realized why he was brought to this room. "Suga stole the charge from me, anyway. I believe it's only fair I get to test him out first," Kai spat venomously, Yoongi's mouth twitching behind the partitioned wall. "I gave Suga permission to buy your charge. Are you questioning my authority?" Yoongi asked once more, his voice deep and restrained as he gripped his knees until his knuckles turned white.

Hoseok and Taehyung could see that Yoongi was beyond irritated with Kai as they both silently drew their pistols and aimed them at the back of Kai's head. It was only a matter of seconds before Yoongi issued his order and they wanted to be prepared ahead of time. "I'm not questioning your authority, sir. I'm just inquisitive as to why it had to be Suga, sir?" Kai asked blatantly as Hoseok and Taehyung shook their heads in dismay. Kai was only angering Yoongi more as he finally lifted the partition to reveal his face. "Because I get what I want," Yoongi spat towards Kai, "He wasn't supposed to be anybody else's but mine, and I will not sit here and listen to you berate me," Yoongi added venomously, flicking his index and middle fingers toward Kai as if he were dismissing him. Before Kai could beg for forgiveness, Hoseok and Taehyung pulled their triggers- two, simultaneous loud bangs echoing throughout the heavily silent room.

Yoongi yanked the partition back down and stood to his feet to change out of his formal attire. Taehyung and Hoseok silently went to work cleaning up Kai's body without so much as an order from Yoongi. "Roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a ravine. He doesn't deserve a proper burial," Yoongi commanded as Taehyung and Hoseok nodded silently at their boss's wishes. Yoongi glanced over at the two of them working diligently and smiled to himself. Hoseok was his underboss while Taehyung was his right hand man. He knew he could always count on them in a tight situation and they never failed to amaze him with their dedication. Dedication was a dying breed among his men, but not with those two.

Once he was finished changing, Yoongi hastily left through the back door from which he'd entered without anyone noticing his arrival. It wasn't until Yoongi took his seat next to Namjoon that his presence had finally been noticed. "Your back," Jimin welcomed pleasantly, offering a sincere smile and some of his food. Yoongi noticed that Jungkook had been left in Namjoon's care too as the silent male tried to make himself appear smaller. He seemed nervous without Taehyung around, clinging to Jimin's arm as Jimin playfully fed the other.

Yoongi couldn't help but smile as Jimin bonded with Jungkook, Yoongi resting his chin in the palm of his hand while he proceeded to watch them interact with each other. The smile spread to an almost menacing smirk as Yoongi realized Jimin would no longer have to worry about anyone bothering him. The smile amped Jungkook's and Jimin's unease as Jimin hesitantly reached out to Yoongi, snapping the elder out of his reverie. "What?" Yoongi inquired earnestly, unaware that he'd frightened the two younger males until he noticed the immense reluctance swirling deep behind Jimin's eyes. Yoongi cleared his throat and hastily schooled his expression into one of boredom once again. "No need to be afraid of me," Yoongi reassured them both, averting his eyes when Jimin smiled at his reassurance.

Yoongi glanced up in his usual brief fashion when Taehyung approached Jungkook from behind. With a silent nod, Taehyung confirmed the question in Yoongi's eyes before tapping Jungkook on the shoulder. Yoongi watched with indifference as Jungkook adorably jumped into Taehyung's arms before glancing over at Jimin, wondering how he could make Jimin trust him as much as Jungkook trusted Taehyung. After all, Taehyung was deadly when it came to his marksmanship and he was in on all of Yoongi's secrets and dirty deeds, yet he had a child's trust. Or at least, someone who acted like a child trusted him. Either way, Yoongi was curious as he stood to his feet and beckoned Taehyung over to him.

Taehyung eased Jungkook back into his seat next to Jimin before approaching Yoongi with curiosity in his eyes. Yoongi wrapped his arm roughly around Taehyung's neck, drawing the taller male's ear closer to his lips. "How did you earn such trust from someone we kidnapped off the streets?" Yoongi inquired hastily as he released Taehyung's neck, an unreadable expression on Yoongi's face. Taehyung glanced back at Jungkook, who was proceeding to be fed by Jimin before smiling softly and walking Yoongi away from the table. "Kindness works miracles," Taehyung started hesitantly, only to turn his head into the muzzle of Yoongi's cocked and loaded pistol. "Are you saying I'm not kind?" Yoongi inquired menacingly as Taehyung rolled his eyes, sighing with vexation.

Taehyung could see the panic and fear in Jungkook's eyes as the younger stood to his feet. Although, Taehyung smirked slightly and laughed mischievously as he pushed Yoongi's pistol aside from between his eyes with a shake of his head. "I'm not saying that you're not kind but those kinds of actions definitely won't win you any favor with him," Taehyung proceeded to explain as Yoongi reholstered his pistol and pulled his blazer back over it to conceal his weapon. Taehyung noticed Yoongi's glance over towards Jungkook, who was on his feet, and Jimin, who stared at Yoongi with disbelief. Realizing that Jimin had witnessed his outburst, Yoongi stalked away in shame while Taehyung followed closely behind him. "There is a way to redeem those actions though," Taehyung called after him, trotting to catch up after Yoongi stopped abruptly.

Yoongi turned towards Taehyung with an unreadable expression, shifting his stance from one leg to the other as he stared at the ground. Taehyung tilted his head to finally realize Yoongi's expression was one of embarrassment. One that Taehyung never thought he'd see on the elder's face. "How does one redeem themself after they shoved a pistol between their friend's eyes?" Yoongi finally asked, his voice small and barely audible. This was the first time Taehyung had ever seen Yoongi like this. He always spoke and acted with confidence, but this particular boy had Yoongi acting not like himself and it baffled Taehyung. Taehyung clapped a hand over Yoongi's shoulder with one of his rare boxy smiles. "You had been protecting him from Kai, correct? See if someone will act as if they want Jimin and frighten them off as well. Eventually, he's going to start relying on you to come to his rescue every time, and there you will build your trust. Or you know, take things slow with him too. You did grab him off the streets," Taehyung reasoned sensibly, shrugging with indifference.

Yoongi thought for several moments about Taehyung's words before opening his mouth to speak. "First off, I saved him from being homeless and dying on those streets. Second, I want him to like me now. Just as much as I liked him the moment I saw him," Yoongi stated assertively as Taehyung shook his head in dismay, sighing at Yoongi's aggressive tone. "That's strange to hear you say. You've never liked anyone at first glance. What's so different about Jimin?" Taehyung inquired, interested. Yoongi smirked at those words as he stared at Taehyung with deep and dangerous eyes, planting his hand against the wall behind Taehyung's head. Taehyung didn't flinch as Yoongi drew closer, fully aware of how Yoongi felt toward him. "Nobody ever said I didn't find you or Hoseok attractive at first glance," Yoongi reassured firmly, gripping the edge of Taehyung's chin between his thumb and index finger. Before Taehyung could say anything more on the matter, Yoongi's lips captured Taehyung's in a pursuit of dominance that Yoongi was going to win.