Chapter 49 - Back on Earth

Começar do início

"He's in court trying to get (y/n) back on earth, by 'any means necessary'."

"Oh, I didn't realise. What's this any means necessary?"

"He said he's willing to temporarily shut off the argent tower until earth let him back."

"What's the argent tower do?"

"It powers 98 point something percent of earth. He said he'll give overwatch and the ARC power though so yeah. If necessary, he said that there's plenty of room for accomodation in the ARC bases."

"Ok. That's not what overwatch really stands for, but we need (y/n) back on this planet, without him, talon have free reign with super heavy demons."

Jack walked off, leaving me and Angela in the room. I got out of bed and stood up.

"Careful Lena." Angela said. "Your wound is still healing."

"I know Angie. I'll be fine, trust me." I looked into Angela's eyes and she immediately believed me.

"Alright Lena. Stay safe, remember?"

"Got it."

I walked out of the med bay and called (y/n). In a matter of seconds he picked up.

"Hiya luv."

"Hey Lena, how's it going?"

"Oh it's ok, can I come up to your place and talk since it's easier?"

"Yeah sure, come on up."

Vega opened a portal for me to go through and I did. I walked into (y/n)'s room and saw him sat at his desk. He turned to face me to see me limping slightly.

"Lena, are you alright?" He asked.

"Well, I'm not too bad."

(Y/n) looked at my wound then walked over to me.

"Come on Lena." He said as he picked me up.

"Hey, I can walk." I protested as he did so.

"Yeah, but I said I'd protect you so, I have to."

I smiled at (y/n) and kissed him on the cheek. He walked over to his big armchair and placed me in it before grabbing his own chair and dragging it over to me.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Well, I just want to see you face to face because it's nicer than a video call."

"Fair enough."

Me and (y/n) then started talking about what's been happening back on earth, about how I went to Dorado and saved the power plant while taking the sniper round, how Hayden's doing everything he can to get (y/n) back on earth and how everyone else is doing.

"So you're having quite a lot of fun down there without me."

"Well, if you class taking a 50. Cal sniper round as fun then yes."

(Y/n) laughed at me.

"For me it probably would be. I mean, just seeing the person's face after the most powerful gun they have just bounces off my armour or doesn't penetrate my skin, it would just make my day as I throw them across the room like a paper aeroplane."

We both laughed and continued talking about stuff.

"And Ashe shot her shot and barely hit, and I went around and potted 3 consecutively, and-"

I was cut off by Hayden entering.

"Hiya Hayden." I said as he walked over to us. "How's it been going?"