"sixth year Ravenclaw" Anne said, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm going to the ball with a sixth year Ravenclaw" Charlotte said, still giggling. I nodded my head and linked arms with Hermione as we walked to the Gladrags Wizardwear. Actually, Stella, Anne and Charlotte already got their dress but they came to give us opinions on our dress.

We entered the shop as we walked around separately, trying to find a dress for ourselves. I run my fingers through the dress, looking for the one that suited me. I want to wear a blue dress since that colour match me well.
Looking around, nothing caught my attention yet.

There's a beautiful white dress but I think this one is too puffy, so I put it back. I looked around and again and again but nothing seems interesting to me. I sighed and walked back to where I thought the girls might be at. I look at Ginny who's standing outside of a cabin and I walked towards her.

"who's in it?"

"Hermione" I nodded my head, looking around the area for a dress.

"have you found your dress yet?" I heard Ginny asks and I shook my head.

"nothing caught my attention" I looked at her and give me her a lazy smile.

"you're one of the champions. You have to be there" Stella said.

I sigh slowly "I know... Just... I don't got the spirit because-"

"you haven't found your date?"

I look at Anne "yes.."

"well, you probably have to accept whoeve-" the door opened revealing Hermione Granger. I looked at her with widen eyes, she is so beautiful. Each of us can't forms any words, looking at how gorgeous Hermione is.

"Hermione... You look.... Gorgeous!" I said after the silence. The dress robes made of a floaty and periwinkle-blue material. She twirled around, beaming in happiness. We stared at her in amazement, she looks different from how she usually does.

"you look amazing! Your date must be very lucky!" Charlotte says while walking around her to look at the dress.

She suddenly stopped and look at me "what about you, Elora? Don't tell me you're not going"

"I'm going just... Give me a time!" she grabbed my arm and lead me to the other section.

"look.. If you want me to tell Diggory about this. Then-"

"oh! No way!" she stared at me while crossing her arms.

"Don't you talk to Cedric?"

"alright... I met him while figuring out the clue at the bathroom. He told me he wants to ask a girl. But he said the girl is waiting for somebody else to ask her" she looks at me with her eyebrows furrows together.

"you don't think he is talking about you?"

"no. Why would he? I'm his rival... Even his father forbid him to talk to Harry..."

"his father is like that.. But you don't have to worry anything about Amos. What he doesn't know, won't hurt him. I mean it's pretty obvious.. You're waiting for him to ask you and he doesn't know that he is the guy you're talking about. Wait... Did you tell him, you're waiting for a guy to ask you? But you didn't tell him, he is the one?"

"well... Yes" she sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"why don't you just tell him?"

"I just hope he would figured that out.. Anyway... Let's go back to them" I said, pulling her arm with me. I don't wish to talk about this any longer.

When we get back, they keep praising Hermione for how gorgeous she is. After a while, Hermione pay for the dress and we walked out of the shop, heading back to Hogwarts. On our way there, they just keep talking about how excited they are for the ball and I'm just keep quiet because I'm not excited even a bit.

When we got to Hogwarts, I walked to mom's office to talk to her about this. I know this is her free time so I just decided to pay her a visit. I walked through the hallways quietly until I arrived in front of mom's office. I saw her writing something on a paper, probably some work she has. I knocked three times on the door before walking in. She put down her glasses and put her quill in the ink, looking at me.

"so uh... Mom?"

"yes, dear? What's wrong?"

"I uh... Can I.. Not be at the ball?" she intertwined her fingers as she looked at me with a frown on her face.

"why? All of the girls your age want to be there. You're also one of the champions. It has been a tradition for the champions to start the danc"

"I just... I haven't found my date.."

"Elora, dear... You are still young... Enjoy it while you can.. I know there's a lot of boys, asking you to the ball.. You are the one who rejected them all.." I sighed and rubbed my head.

"actually... I want to give you this... They once belong to your mother" mom said while taking out a white box with blue ribbon on top of it. I take it and look at mom confusedly.

"what is it?"

"go to your room and look inside of it. I'm sure your mother wants to give these to you" I nodded my head and left to my room after bid mom goodbye.

I carried the unusual heavy box until I reach my room. I put it on my bed and untied the ribbon, putting it aside. I opened it to reveal a beautiful sparkly sleeveless blue dress with clear glass heels and hair accessories. I pulled it out and hang it on my wardrobe, gasping at how beautiful it is. This was my mother? It is so beautiful! I will wear this to the ball!