"Let's go," I said, my deep voice rumbling in the large room. The twelve of us walked out the backdoor of the pack house, stripping down and shifting. My bones cracked, as I shifted, my back arching painfully as the change happened. It took less than 3 seconds and I was standing on all fours, my jet black wolf standing at 5'6'' from my snow white toes to the points of my ears. Carter was the smallest of us, barely reaching 4' in his wolf form, but being the smallest gave him the advantage of being the quickest. He raced in front of us, masking his scent with water and mud as he went. We walked slowly, sniffing the air as we went. Tobias was scratching at the back of my mind, anxious. Stop. I yelled at him. He needed to chill. Anxiety wasn't normal for him, or me and I didn't like the feeling. When we were about a mile away from the clearing we stopped, shifting back and grabbing stashed clothes. Zander stood next to me, his eyes scanning the forest constantly, alert for any threat. A ruffling of the leaves had us all on high alert, taking defensive stances, but when Carter's red wolf appeared we relaxed. He shifts quickly, speaking before putting anything on. "There's 20 of them. The Alpha, Luna, Beta, 12 warriors, and five other's I didn't recognise," he shared, pulling on a pair of shorts.

"Let's go," I said, not reacting further to the information. I wasn't worried that we were out numbered. We walked quickly through the forest in our human forms until we reached the clearing. "Everyone know the plan?" I asked, standing in front of my men and women.

"Yes, alpha," they said in unison. I turned my back, Zander flanked my right while Carter did the same on my left side, the remaining warriors forming a half circle behind us. I stepped out from the trees, making my back long and my full height visible. My chest was still bare, exposing my broad chest and abs, and bulging biceps. I was built like every other alpha in the world, genes doing all the work for my physique.

Alpha Montgomery stood on the other side of the field, his Luna to his right, standing beside her was the pack's own delta and to the left of the alpha was his beta. This was not the first time our packs had met like this to discuss peace, but I was determined to make this time the last time. A treaty that was lasting. I was tired of war, tired of death, loss and constantly preparing for attack. Alpha Montgomery was tired too; I could see it in his eyes.

"Alpha Montgomery," I greeted him, fighting every alpha instinct I had to take him out. He had killed my father, which in turn had lead to my mother's death. One of my warriors had killed his son. And so the circle went. For every death a retaliation, going back nearly 100 years. Tobias's greatest shame was that he hadn't avenged his parents death. It was mine too.

"Alpha Jefferson," he greeted me, his voice full of venom. "Why have you called us here?"

"Peace," I said simply. His reply was a scoff. "This war started before any of us were even born. It's time we ended it. My demands are simple. We obtain a common ally. Alpha Jackson from Dark Moon has agreed to be both of our allies. No more deaths by either of our packs to the other. If you agree we all walk away."

"And if I don't," he challenged.

"You also have no heir for your pack," I continued, choosing not to answer his question until I was finished. The luna let out a pained whimper while her mate growled lowly. The memory of losing their son still painful.

"Are you planning on solving that problem for me too?"

"The alpha of Dark Moon has two sons. The youngest will take over, when you're ready to retire, ensuring the alliance between our packs and the future of yours."

"And if I still don't agree?" He asked again.

"Then I will challenge your position as alpha of your pack," I growled at him. His Luna gasped and his beta growled right back at me.