Chapter 5 - Fort

Chapter 5 - Fort

Chance wanted to know what happened. He wanted to know what caused her to break down. But he didn't want to pry. Right now, he should focus on 'keeping bad things off her mind'. That's what she needed him for, so that's what he'll do.

An idea came to mind as he stared at her bed sheets. He remembered they always built forts when they were kids.

"Hey do you want to build a fort?" he asked impulsively. "Just like when we were kids."

Pristine looked at him weirdly for a few seconds before giving a light chuckle. "Let's do it!"

Chance and Pristine crawled inside their newly made fort.

"I missed this," Pristine sighed as she settled in.

"Me too," Chance agreed. "I missed you," he added in a murmur. 

Pristine surprised him with a hug. "I missed you too," she whispered.

Chance was momentarily frozen. Her action definitely caught him off guard. But he soon relaxed as he put his arms around her and buried his face on her neck. Her sweet smell invaded his sense.

They clung to each other for a while, both not wanting the moment to end.

But Pristine eventually pulled away. He immediately missed the warmth of her body immediately.

An awkward silence occurred both parties didn't know what to say afterwards. Chance noticed there seemed to be a lot of awkward silence between them. It makes sense really. They were trying to get used to each other's company again.

But Chance was determined to keep her mind off things and possibly make her laugh. Think of something to talk about quick! Chance mentally pressured himself. His eyes drifted towards her Superman shirt.

"Still like Superman I see." He remembered her fondness over the superhero.

"Of course. He's awesome," she grinned.

"Sure," Chance admits. "But he's nothing compared to Batman," Chance added, feeling the need to mention his favorite superhero. He has recently developed liking to the masked vigilante as he played the role of a young Brue Wayne. Although he knew Pristine would never agree to his comment. After all, her dad played Superman in a movie series when they were growing up. Pristine, being the daddy's little girl that she is, idolized her father and the character that he played.

Pristine rolled her eyes at him. "Oh please, he doesn't even have real abilities. All he got is money. I don't understand why people like him so much."

"Superman is so much better than him," she added.

"Hell no!" Chance argued. "All batman has to do is build a kryptonite suit and then superman wouldn't be able to do anything. Actually, anyone with kryptonite would be able to beat him."

"But if he didn't have kryptonite armor, superman would pulverize him," she defended with a triumphant look. 

"Don't think so. He could always make suit or armor strong enough to beat him," he retorted.

"Not if he doesn't have the money. Let's face it, he's nothing without his money."

"And Superman can be rendered useless by anyone with just a tiny piece of kryptonite. At least Batman can fight even without his suit."

Pristine narrowed her eyes at him.

Chance mimicked her expression which made her laugh a little. He couldn't help but smile. God he missed her laugh. At least he finally did something right.