Chapter 1

"No. No, no, no."

"But Mo-"

"No. I won't allow it."

Bellatrix glared at her mother, trying not to lose it, and growing impatient rather quickly.

"It's my life."

"No, Bellatrix! It's too dangerous!"

"No, it's not!"

Mrs. Black looked at her two younger daughters and instructed, "go play outside, girls. Your sister and I need to have a little chat."

The two girls, with fearful expressions on their faces, hurried outside without uttering a word, Bellatrix and Mrs. Black watching them until the door closed.

"Mum, I'm not talking about it anymore, I'm going to do it!"

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am!" she shouted, and ran out of the room, up the stairs, and into her bedroom. Bellatrix slammed the door loudly and locked it, listening for the sound of her Mother's footsteps marching up the stairs, but was greeted with silence.

"Wrong time?" someone inquired from behind her. Startled, she whipped around to find her Best Friend sitting on the edge of her bed.

"How long have you been there?"

"Long enough," he said with a smirk.

"You heard that?" she asked.

"Every word," he said, and watched as her face flushed slightly.

He laughed softly and said quietly,

"Come here, Bella," and she walked over and sat down next to him.
"So it's a no?" he teased.

She glared at him and replied,
"No, it's not! I'm an adult, eighteen years of age, and I can do what I want!"

"Yes, you can," he agreed.

An awkward silence filled the room; still no sound of footsteps.

"And I want to be with you," she said quietly.

He took her hand, and they sat in silence.

"Tom, what was your mother's name?"

"Why?"

"I'm just curious," she whispered.

"Merope."

"Merope Riddle, mother of the most perfect one," she joked.

He smiled faintly and said,
"Bellatrix Black, the one with the perfect complexion and a sassy mouth."

"I'd like to argue, but it's true."

"You can argue with your mother, if you'd like," he offered as the sound of angry footsteps came rushing up the steps.

"Don't leave," she pleaded, the smallest inkling of fear in her voice.

"She won't even know I'm here," he assured, and he vanished from sight, but never letting go of her hand.

The door flew open, and a very angry Mrs. Black walked over to Bellatrix and snarled,
"You will not be joining this group! Whatever it's called, the Death Beaters-"

"Death Eaters, mother," Bellatrix said with a sigh, "and yes I am."

"No, you're not!" she yelled.

"Mother, do you like the Mudbloods, or the Half-Bloods? Don't you want to get rid of them?" she protested.

"Do NOT talk to me like that, young lady!" Mrs. Black warned.

"But it's not FAIR!" she screamed, "I will do what I want and you will not stop me, Mother, I am an adult!"

"You are my daughter!" she shot back.

"Then let me do what I want!" she pleaded. "It's not like you love me, anyway."

Mrs. Black stopped, a hurt expression flowing throughout her body, and replied,
"Bellatrix, how could you think that?"

"If you loved me, then you would let me do what I think is best for me."

"Do you really want to stay with him?"

She squeezed his hand.

"Always."