Chapter 9

Feeling the writing mood tonight :) enjoy!

All six horcruxes had been made.

They sat together on the couch, Tom breathless and Bellatrix a worried mess. Each time they split his soul, the pain seemed to get worse. This final time, Tom had gone unconscious and Bellatrix had freaked out. Just when she thought he was truly dead he woke, eyes wide and red. Bright red.

"Tom, what's wrong with your ey-" she began,  but stopped when the red hue went away.

"What?" He said, confused.

"Nothing," she said. "I think I'm just seeing things."

He brushed a stray strand of her curly black hair behind her ear. "Don't go crazy on me now," he said, teasing.

"I'm already crazy," she said, laughing. He smiled at her weakly.

"Can you get me some water?" He asked.

"One sec," she said, running to the kitchen. She took a glass out of the cupboard and pointed her want tip at it, filling it with water. She walked back into the room and handed it to him.

"Here," she said. He took it, and she noticed his hands were slightly shaky.

"Tom, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Just a little...dizzy, that's all. It'll go away."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's just tiring. On my body, on my soul. But now, now that we have them all made, we can start hiding them. And you will help me, I'm sure."

"You know it," she said.

"Good. We're going now," he said. Tom stood up, faltered, and sat back down.

"How about we wait a little while," Bellatrix said, kissing his cheek.

"Only for a little. I need this done."

"You also need to be able to stand."

"Point taken." He put his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Come here," he said. She crawled up next to him, putting her head on his chest.

"Where do you want to hide them?" She asked.

"I want each of them in a different place. So no one can ever find them. For my locket, I want it in a cave I visited as a child. The ring I want to put in my mother's home. Nagini, she will stay with me. But the other three...I'm not sure."

"Maybe you could hide one somewhere special," she suggested.

"Hogwarts," he said immediately. "We can put the diadem there. But how can we get in without looking suspicious?"

"Tom. The ball, the Yule ball. In December, they are having a ball at Hogwarts. My sister is going. She could invite us! We could go and hide it there!"

"Bella, you are a genius!" He said, kissing her softly.

"Glad I can help," she said. "What about the other two?"

"I need a trustworthy place. And to get a trustworthy place, I need a person I can trust: you. Would you let me put one in your vault?"

She smiled. "Of course!"

"Perfect," he said. "All we need now is a place for the diary, but we can think of something later. Let's get going," he said, standing.

"Feel better?" She asked.

"Very much so," he said. "Take my hand," he said, and they disapparated.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

They appeared right in the entrance to the cave, and cold water sprayed Bellatrix's face. She flinched at the sting of the cold water.

"Come," he said, taking her hand and leading her into the dark of the cave. She gripped his hand tightly.

They walked farther into the darkness, wands illuminated, and stopped at the edge of what appeared to be a lake.

"Don't touch the water. It's dangerous," he said.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" She asked, looking curiously at the shimmering surface.

"Nothing you need to worry about," he said. "Stay here." 

She watched as he waved his wand and a boat appeared. He got into it and floated out into the middle of the lake. She noticed there was an island there, and what appeared to be something on the island. He placed the locket there, and she could hear the faintest whisper of his voice as he enchanted it. Then, he came back and the boat was gone.

"Done. Let's go," he said, and they walked out. As they were leaving, Bellatrix tripped on a stone she didn't see and fell. Tom was there in a second.

"Are you okay?" He asked, gently helping her up. She gasped.

"My hand," she said, looking at the deep cut that stretched across her palm.

"Let me see," he said, taking her hand. She winced.

"I'll fix it for you when we get back. I know just the thing," he said. Suddenly, his eyes widened.

"You have an idea," she said, watching his face.

"Yes, I do," he said. She watched as he waved his wand at the walls as they grew outward and closer together until the gap was sealed to the lake where the locket was hidden.

"This wall, embedded with your blood, will not let anyone through it without payment: blood."

"Glad my pain can help," she said.

"That's not what I was getting at," he said, and kissed her cheek. "Come on, let's get you back and fix your hand." He wrapped his arms around her and they disapparated.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

When they arrived back to the Lestrange Manor, Tom picked Bellatrix up in his arms and carried her upstairs to her bathroom. He took her hand and put it under the faucet, running water over the cut. She flinched.

"Sorry, it'll hurt for a bit but then it will be gone." He pulled a vial from his pocket.

"Where did you get that?" Bellatrix asked.

"I have my ways," he said, smiling. He opened the vial and poured the clear substance onto her palm. The solution stung fiercely and Bellatrix gasped. Tom pulled her into his chest in an embrace.

"It'll be over soon," he said, and the pain started to subside.

"Look," he said.

She peered over her shoulder at her palm and her eyes widened.

"It's gone!" She exclaimed. Tom kissed Bellatrix softly.

"I told you I would fix it."

"You fix everything."

Tom smiled. "I know."