"Excellent. Send him to my office in ten minutes."

"Yes sir."

--------------------

"I am Lord Mallory." Hezekiah told the older man dressed in a formal suit. The smell told him instantly he was a werewolf.

"Forgive me, my lord but-"

"I am the new Lord Mallory. My father is dead."

"Ah. My condolences."

"My father had business with you. He was building a generator."

"Yes. I had actually delivered the last part a short while ago."

The generator had already been built? That sneaky bastard did not mention that my father had already built the promised generator. Hezekiah thought, not liking this turn of events. If it had been built then that meant that it had been used. He didn't want to think of the destruction and havoc opening a portal to the demon world had caused. What happened to it? Was it destroyed or did it malfunction?

Hezekiah knew that if he didn't comply that the Vampire Royal would simply kill him. He was only valuable as long as he was a compliant puppet.

"Well unfortunately there was a flaw with the design and I'm going to need the parts from this list again."

One thing that Hezekiah was grateful for was his father's obsession with writing things down. He had all the blueprints, the lists of materials, and where to acquire the parts.

"That might be very difficult and more expensive since some of the things on the list were the last one for sale. I'll have to put out fishers on the sea."

The "sea" was actually a board in the main tent where buyers only placed cards, "fishers," to inquire about items they couldn't find. A seller would look at the board and stamp it with a hook or net and write their symbol so the buyer could contact them. Hooks meant they had the item in their possession. Nets meant they knew someone who did.

"Very well. The arrangement is the same. Payment and a bonus when everything is delivered."

"Of course." Rameeta said cordially but his eyes flashed with annoyance over the delayed money. Luckily he was able to use some of the cash he received for better accommodations. He still whored Crystal out to give her something to do and stay out of his hair. If she weren't carrying his pup, he would have murdered the annoying bitch a long time ago. His own mate had taken her life because of depression over a string of miscarriages.

Of course he would never take blame for times that he emotionally abused her. He would blame her for her failure to produce offspring. She began to eat for comfort. The grief of losing so many children plus the accusations by the person that was supposed to love you became too much and finally the realization that Father Time cut off Mother Nature rendering her infertal. She simply had enough of the pain and overdosed on a deadly concoction of wolfsbane and other drugs.

Rameeta stood and walked out. Hezekiah wondered what had happened to the first generator. He had to find out before he built this new machine since it would be very costly to replace it. Another thing that bothered him is that the vampires in the coven seemed to be more loyal to the prince instead of their true lord. Of course High Royals always take precedence over mere lords but there was still a certain amount of loyalty expected.

Hezekiah felt a hostility from his own people except for a few that he had known since he was a babe. At first he had dismissed it as an unfamiliarity from being gone for so long. But now he couldn't ignore the fact that the vampires looked at the prince to confirm if they should follow Hezekiah's orders.

He asked a passing servant to send for Matilda and to have her bring a cleaning cart. He then turned on some loud oprah music on the old well-kept victrola. A few minutes later, a loud knock sounded at the door. Hezekiah opened the door and stepped out in the to allow his housekeeper in with her cart. Walking in after he shut and locked the door.

 Walking in after he shut and locked the door

^Matilda^

Matilda looked at him inquisitively. Though the room was sound proof he wanted to be sure that they weren't interrupted.

"What's going on Tilly?" he asked using the old nickname he used to call her as a boy.

Matilda's eyes flashed with fear. Swallowing she said, "We've been sworn to Via Silentium."

Via Silentium, a vampire's code of silence.

"But there was one who was not there for the swearing since he was so badly injured during the battle. Callum Henley was in a coma during the assembly because the prince had him beaten so badly."

"Where is he now?"

"Hiding in the old granary. Dr. Bently and I are the only ones who know he's there."

"What about my old friend Crim?"

"I cannot tell you... ask Callum."

"Thank you and if you're asked, I wanted to know about the business records for the last 40 years. Have them sent to my office; they should be in the archives." Grabbing a bottle of Pledge he sprayed it on a table.

"Wipe that please."

Matilda wiped it up.

"I made a mess on a table that you had to clean."

She smiled in understanding.

You may go now."

"Thank you, my lord. I'm so glad you're back." she said sincerely before pushing the cart out of the office.

================================

Thank you all so much! 

Going to try to post more chapters tonight and/or tomorrow!