Chapter 21

AN: Okay, so I’m planning on roughly 5 more chapters of this book(give or take a few) before this book is finished. Hope you like this chapter. Don’t forget to comment, vote, and follow me!

LIAM

He woke up and immediately grabbed his phone off of the bedside table. He punched in the number he had so easily memorized and called Ava. The phone clicked on after the first ring.

“Liam?” the voice asked, shaking. Liam felt his heart break when he heard her soft, yet, raspy voice. His strength wavered and, for a moment, he forgot what he had planned to do.

“Hey Ava,” he replied, smiling into the phone.

“So are we going to stay together?”

“No. It’s over between us.” Liam’s voice came out as a whisper. He heard a gasp on the other end of the phone followed by sobbing.

“I need t-to g-go to class,” Ava whimpered causing Liam to internally curse. He had forgotten that it was Monday. He felt like a jerk for breaking up with her right before she had class.

“Sorry. I’ll talk to you later then.”

“Don’t lie. I know you won’t talk to me anymore,” she whispered. Liam was shocked, but knew exactly what she meant by that. It was true. He hadn’t planned on talking to her again.

“Bye, Ava.” he sighed, hanging up the phone.

AVA

She hung up the phone and fell to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably. Her worst nightmare had come true: Liam had broken up with her. She had actually cared about him, but all he did was hurt her. The door slammed shut, breaking Ava out of her thoughts. She looked up to see that Clover was back from class.

“You need to get ready for class,” Clover instructed. However, Ava didn’t move from her place on the floor.

Ava heard Clover groan and felt herself be lifted off the floor. She remained motionless as Clover sat her on the bed. She heard Clover groan before a sharp pain struck her face. Ava looked up in time to see Clover retract her hand away.

“You hit me!” Ava screamed, pulling her hand up to cradle her face.

“Actually I slapped you,” Clover replied bluntly.

“Why?”

“Because you were acting like a zombie. You need to get ready for class.”

“For your information, I don’t want to get ready for class or do anything. Liam just broke up with me and I’d like to wallow in self-pity.”

“You’re in college therefore you don’t have time to wallow in self-pity. Now get ready for class.” Ava groaned before getting off the bed. She knew that Clover was right. She needed to go to class.

LIAM

“Why so sad, mate?” Liam broke out of his stupor to see Zayn sitting next to him. He internally groaned. He had thought that the other lads had all went out. Clearly, he was wrong. The one thing Liam hated about being on tour was the fact that he never had privacy.

“I just broke up with Ava.”

“Yeah, Niall told me that you two were having problems.” Liam nodded at this. He figured that Niall would tell the others. It was hard to keep secrets from the other boys.

“I just couldn’t deal with it anymore.”

“With what? Her?”

“No not her. In fact, I really did love her.”

“Then why did you break up with her?”

“I don’t know, man. It just seemed like the right thing to do.”

“Do you believe that she cheated on you?”

“Of course not!”

“Well, I’m going to leave you alone now. I think you need it.”

“Thanks.” Liam watched as Zayn left the hotel room. He had no idea how he was going to survive this breakup, but he had to. He couldn’t let this one destroy him like his previous one with Dani. He needed to be strong for the fans and for the other members of One Direction.