Chapter 16

AN: This chapter is only from Ava’s point of view. I apologize to those of you who like the Liam chapters. There’s not much to write about  since he’s on tour. He will become more prominent in the future chapters. I know the past couple of chapters have been boring and I feel really bad about that. I know I keep promising that things will get more interesting, but I just have to put everything in motion first. Please keep reading. Don’t forget to comment, vote, and follow me. I follow back.

AVA

“Hello! You must be Ava,” the lady at the front desk said. Ava nodded her head in agreement. Today was her first day as an intern for the paparazzi.

“I hope you’re a quiet person. You’d never make it in this business if you were,” the lady continued. Her eyes were narrowly looking Ava over.

“Of course not,” Ava replied. She was tired of talking to this lady.

“Well, I will take you to Mr. Thomas. He’s the head of this corporation.” Ava stifled a laugh at this. This place was not a corporation.

Ava was led through double doors into a bland hallway. There were doors on both sides of the hallway however, they walked past all of them. The lady stopped at the end of the hallway, making Ava bump into her.

“Watch where you’re going!” she snapped angrily before turning towards the door in front of her. Ava suck her tongue out when they lady wasn’t looking. The lady timidly knocked on the door before opening it.

“Our new intern is here,” she said with fake kindness. Ava watched as the man in front of her dismissed the lady with his hand. Leaving only Ava and the man she assumed to be Mr. Thomas. He had grey hair, thick wire glasses, and a lean frame.

“Please take a seat,” his soft voice said. Ava listened to his instructions and sat in the plush seat at the end of his desk.

“Hello sir, I’m Ava.” He nodded his head.

“We already have the perfect job picked out for you my dear. You will be interning with one of our employees named Connor. He will teach you everything you need to know.” Ava nodded her head and watched as Mr. Thomas picked up his phone.

“Send Connor into my office.” He gently placed the phone pack on it’s port. Awkward silence filled the room, however it broke within minutes when a knock sounded on the door.

The door opened and Ava was shocked to see a young man walk into the room. He looked to be a little older than Ava.

“Hey, I’m Connor.” his raspy voice said, flashing her a smile. Ava stood up to shake his hand. Connor had a brown quiff and green eyes that were framed in black hipster glasses. He also was covered in tattoos.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Ava.”

“She’s your new intern. Teach her everything she needs to know,” Mr. Thomas interrupted. Ava’s gaze quickly shifted to her feet. Yes, Connor was very attractive. However, Liam was the only guy she wanted in her life.

“I’m aware of what I need to do,” Connor replied.

“Well I will let you two begin your work. You have alot to do.” Connor began to walk out of the room and Ava followed. He stopped at a room a few doors down and they entered. Again, she sat in a plush chair stationed at a desk.

“We need to leave as soon as possible.”

“What?” Ava was confused over his statement.

“I’m going to California for my next assignment. You have to come with.”

“When are we leaving?” She accepted this challenge. She had to do this for school.

“Monday. That gives you approximately two days. I will give you all the information you need on the way there. Marilyn at the front desk has your plane ticket.” Connor turned to his computer and began typing. Ava just sat there silently.

“You’re dismissed. See you again Monday,” he murmured, not even glancing up from his work. She got up from the desk and walked out of his office. Again she walked down the hallway and out the double doors. Marilyn looked up when she heard the doors open.

“Oh. It’s just you,” she said, popping her gum.

“May I have the papers Connor left me?” Marilyn shuffled through the papers on her cluttered desk before handing Ava a manilla folder.

“Have a nice day!” Ava chimed before walking away. To say she was excited was an understatement. She had always wanted to go to California and now she finally had the chance. Maybe this internship wouldn’t be so bad after all.