prolouge

"Ryder Johnson."

Teresa looked at her best friend Georgia with a confused expression on her face as she flung open her locker and began to grab her books for the school day. Ryder was the bad boy of the school and she knew her friend had fallen for his charms, just like every other girl on school grounds.

"I know that you have a huge crush on Ryder and I totally respect that, but I am clearly not interested in being his next girlfriend, let alone actually dating him" she told her with a deep sigh "I know that most girls  fall in love with the bad boy, but I won't let that happen."

"No, he's right there, and actually not with a girl!" Georgia whispered as Teresa followed her gaze and sure enough, there was Ryder leaning aganist the lockers without a girl next to him. She had never seen him without a girlfriend and she came to wonder if anything was wrong.

Sure, you would expect bad boys to have the perfect life with popluarity and with a ton of respect from the whole student body. Ryder definitely didn't think of his life being perfect with all the attention he recieved everyday. He absloutely hated being a bad boy with all his heart.

"That is very strange Georgia," Teresa said to her best friend "usually he's hanging out with some girl. I hope there isn't anything wrong with him."

"That isn't always the case, maybe he's looking for his next girlfriend or something. It could just be taking a while to find another one" Georgia replied as Teresa rolled her eyes in response "many girls fall for his charms you know."

"Not sure what you've been thinking but he normally has a new girlfriend the next day, there's really something wrong with him: he's not himself." She then stared at him, concern in her eyes as she spoke.

"Then why don't you do something about it and check on him if you're so concerned? It's better to find out for yourself if he is okay or not, isn't it?" Georgia replied as Teresa looked at her before releasing a deep sigh.

"Fine" she finally replied as Georgia flashed a pleased smile "I will"

She took a deep breath as she began to make her way towards Ryder, her heart banging aganist her chest as she went. Why was she so nervous? She knew he wouldn't hurt her in anyway and even if he would, right now he wouldn't if he wasn't okay.

Soon enough, she stood only a few metres away from him and she was more nervous then ever. Ryder then looked up to meet her gaze, sparks of interest in his eyes.

"Hi, Ryder" Teresa said with an awkard smile and a nod, Ryder  lifted up one hand to greet her "I've noticed that you've been acting a bit different this morning, are you feeling okay? I can help you fix the problem if you want, you just have to ask."

Teresa watched him think for a moment before he finally replied.

"What's your name?" He asked, now a curious expression on his face. Teresa wasn't expecting for him to ask that question but yet again, he probably wasn't thinking straight at the moment.

"Teresa Houston" She introduced herself, feeling a little more relaxed with the nerves slowly disappearing. She had no idea what he was going to do next or if he was feeling okay, if nothing was wrong and if Georgia was right all this time.

"Alright then Teresa Houston," he said, a smirk making it's way onto his lips "Can I ask for a favour please?"

"Uh, sure?" She replied, suddenly starting to feel unsure about what exactly his favour would be and  if she would regret offering her help.

"Alright Teresa, here goes nothing" he said, taking a deep breath as he did so and Teresa's heart began to bang in her chest again. "The truth is that I really, really hate being the bad boy of the school and it might not seem like that to you but it's true. What I'm trying to say is, can you please help me change into the good guy please? I'd really appreciate it."