Part One

As he walked along the dimly lit deserted road, a stumble to his step, Hyuck noticed the familiar cold feeling pass through him.

It was different from how the wind brushed past him. Every inch of his body shuddering.

The small group of girls he had been seeing all day slowly emerged from a bush by the edge of the road. The limp in their steps and the blood and cuts that now covered their bodies barely visible under the golden light of the street lamps.

They slowly hobbled over to the boy, four or five of them standing around the boy that had become a shivering wreck on the floor, his hands grasping at his body as he prepared for the immense pain that was yet to come.

A few seconds later, every girl stood around him placed a hand of his shoulder. His breath was suddenly cut off, the small cloud of heat no longer visible in front of his face. His body arched up and back as the pain surged through him, draining every ounce of energy his drunken body had left.

Everything went dark, the pain numbing everything, his body no longer able to feel the cold wind howling through the trees and rain harshly beating against the concrete and his skin.

Once the pain had momentarily subsided, his thoughts began to clear. He looked around the deserted area to see nothing and no one, only the trees, the road and the street lamps to accompany him in the night.

It wasn't long before his conscience caught up to him and the pain washing back over him. He knelt on the cold damp tarmac, hands being the only thing from stopping him from falling face-first onto the gravelly ground.

Slowly, everything faded to black once again, leaving him collapsed and unconscious in the middle of the dark and desolate road, the night wrapping around him like a blanket of solitude.

×××

He managed to peel his friends off of his arms, walking away from the thumping bass and the loud cheering of drunk underage teens. He didn't even remember why the party was being thrown, or why he even agreed to go to start with. It wasn't like he could drink the night away, as much as he would have loved to, he had to drive home.

He was supposed to be dropping some friends home too but when they slurred something about staying the night, Mark decided it was time for him to head home.

He pulled the door to the relatively expensive car shut with a thud, throwing his head back in the seat as he allowed his mind to rest, trying to ease it from the pounding caused by the ruckus inside the large house.

After a minute or so he turned the key in the ignition and pulled away into the night. It was quite relaxing, the way the streetlights passed by rhythmically, always an even gap between them.

As he drove, the rain started to drizzle down at first before pounding against the metal casing that protected him from the harsh conditions.

The soft hum of music that played from the stereo helping to calm the obnoxious beat his head continued to play.

It all seemed peaceful and calm until something appeared in the road, shining bright in the headlights. Mark quickly slammed the breaks and twisted the wheel in front of him, barely managing to control the vehicle.

Once he had successfully stopped the car to the side of the road, he sat for a second trying to figure out what had happened. Eventually, he pulled himself from the car, but not before wrapping his jacket from on the passenger seat around himself.

His body hunched as he tried to protect himself from the harsh rain as he made his way to where he had swerved off the road a few meters back.

That's when he saw it again, the small body collapsed in the middle of the road, their clothes drenched. Their short-sleeved shirt and trousers clinging to their body as they laid there.