end

Jihyo massaged her temples before sipping her cup of coffee. On her desk was a notebook full of scribbled lyrics. That was the thirteenth page she tore from the book, since the lyrics did not meet Jihyo's standards.

"Hey, still brainstorming?" her co-worker, Nayeon came in to check up on the younger. Jihyo has been writing the lyrics for about 3 hours now, but none of it was good to Jihyo's perspective.

Nayeon got her answer when she saw another piece of crumpled paper tossed to the bin. The older only shook her head, knowing how perfectionist the singer is when it comes to music.

"Don't push yourself too much, take a rest if you need one." the older adviced before leaving the room.

Jihyo spent almost a whole day in the studio. She witnessed the sun having its place taken by the moon from the window, but she's only done with the first verse of the song. She ran her fingers through her hair out of frustration, and she realised for the very time, creating masterpiece is very hard indeed.

Arms draped around her, a head resting on her shoulder. "Babe, what took you so long?"

That was her girlfriend, Sana. And hearing that voice, the younger quickly closed her notebook, not wanting her girlfriend to see the lyrics she spent almost a day on.

"Uhm, the lyrics for my bsides. The deadline is in two days." that was a lie.

"Oh, sorry to bother you. You can keep on working if you want to." the japanese said out of courtesy.

"No, no, no. This can wait. I'm already halfway done."

"Really?" Sana tried to make sure, she isn't the type to make anyone abandon their work just for the sake of her.

"Yeah, let's get dinner."

***

"Nay, can you give me a hand?" Jihyo looked at the older girl, with the pleading glint in her eyes.

"Yea, sure."

"Can you listen to this? And give your thought on it?" Jihyo handed Nayeon the headphones as she connected the jack to her laptop. Nayeon just did as told.

Pressing the play button, Jihyo tried to read Nayeon's face. She has been stressing on this project a lot and she wanted it to be flawless and perfect.

A tear rolled out of Nayeon's eyes as she removed the headphones.

"This is.."

"Yes, it definitely is." the younger gave a confirmed nod, added along with a thin smile.

"Can I ask you another favour?"

***

Sana was driving her favourite car, her windows down as she drive without any destination. Her mind need a leash after a tough week. She turned the radio on, only for her ears to meet Jeongyeon's DJing voice.

"Hey everyone it's a nice day, isn't it?" Sana smiled hearing Jeongyeon's cheerful voice.

"Anyone on their way home from work? Or anyone on their way to late night shifts? Or anyone who's just driving without any destination?"

Sana was the last one.

"If there's any song to request, you can send us through text message or a phone call."