𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

She looked at me disbelievingly. "You're telling me you're capable of moving forward with your life as if we've never met? As if you didn't have the best, most intense orgasm of your life last night. Isn't that what you said to me, baby?"

I could hear the edge of impatience creeping into her tone as she gained influence over me with a few clipped strides. I shut my eyes to block her out so I could speak without being distracted. "Yes, I said that and it's the truth but I can't betray my husband."

Her eyes blazed murderously. She was chewing her lower lip attempting to calm herself.

"He was naive enough to let me fuck you that's his problem. You don't share your wife with anyone especially not a woman who is infatuated with her."

I felt a sudden stab of anxiety at the pit of my gut.

"Stop it, Lisa," I barked.

"Can we please talk?" she said gripping my shoulders and searching my eyes.

"Where's my phone?" I questioned.

"Please just talk to me."

"I need my phone."

Lisa retrieved my phone from inside her suit pocket.

"Let me take you to lunch. I promise I'll behave. I just want to feed you," she inquired with hope in her eyes.

"Why?"

"I like your company."

"You're honesty is refreshing," I confessed. "And I enjoy your company as well. Fine. Yes, but you have to promise that this isn't a ploy to get me on my back."

"I promise."

"Okay," I whispered.

She couldn't hide the sparkle that lit up her eyes.

I stashed my phone away in my purse and followed her to the door. I waited as she held it opened for me. Lisa's phone rang as we strolled toward the bank of elevators.

"Jisoo?" she answered. "10 o'clock....I know. I'm preoccupied asked him to reschedule. Whatever he's an asshole. See you at the party."

"I apologize," she said. "Work."

"No, problem. If there's somewhere you need to be, we don't have to do this today."

She snickered. "You're not getting rid of me that easily sweetheart."

An impeccably dressed hostess led us toward the bar to be seated as Lisa requested.

The restaurant was lovely coated in mahogany furnishings and dim lighting. The patrons were sparse which made it even cozier.

"Can I start the two of you off with something to drink?" Our waitress asked politely. Her big curly hair caught my eye. It was beautiful with ombré highlights.

"I'll have a vodka martini," Lisa ordered and gestured toward me

"I'd like to see the wine menu."

"Certainly," she said before dashing off.

"Where's your husband?" Lisa asked seemingly out of nowhere.

"Lisa." I warned while flipping through my menu.

"It's a simple question."

"A simple question with a complex answer." She kept her eyes on me and I realized she wouldn't quit until I spoke. "The last time we spoke he was meeting a client for breakfast. I don't know where he is now."

"That's a shame."

I leaned forward. "If you say anything inappropriate I'm leaving."

"Don't," she said firmly. "I won't be held responsible for what will happen if you do, Mrs. Park. I gave you my word but my self-control is limited when you're wearing that top."

I stared down at the strapless top I was wearing with a short white skirt and open-toed sandals. Just as I rolled my eyes, the waitress reappeared. She placed a small menu in my hand. Filled both Lisa and my water glasses. And gently position Lisa's cocktail near her water.

"Do you need more time?"

"I'm ready, if you are..?" Lisa nodded. "Okay. I'll have the smoked salmon and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc." The waitress scribbled my order on a pad and turned to Lisa.

"And you, sir?"

"Steak; well done."

"Very good. I'll be back with your wine," the waitress said before dismissing herself.

"Why did you asked me to lunch?"

She took a sip of her martini and shrugged. "I like your company. The women I meet are brainless and for lack of a better term whores: strippers, porn-stars, groupies. You don't want anything from me. You're bright and striking and that's putting it mildly."

The waitress reappeared with my glass of wine. "Would you like anything while you wait?"

"No. We're fine," Lisa said, curtly.

My phone sounded. I quickly retrieved it and pressed the answer key.

"Hey, doll. I haven't spoken to you in a whole twenty-four hours. What the fuck?" Jungkook said humorously.

I smiled. "I'm sorry, babe. I've been a little preoccupied."

"Mm-hmm. I want details."

"I'll call you when I get home. I'm having lunch and I'm being rude."

"Alrighty."

"Bye." I sang.

When I looked up at Lisa, she was wearing an unreadably expression. I noticed her jaw muscles flexing beneath her skin.

"What?"

She swallowed more of her drink. "Who was on the phone?" she asked without looking at me.

I cleared my throat. "My friend."

"I've had plenty of friends and none of them have ever made me smile like you just were."

I snickered. "Are you jealous?"

"I don't get jealous," she said.

I saw by the way she averted her eyes that she was lying. "He's really just my friend Lisa. My best friend actually, and he's gay."

I could see the relief in his eyes. "What are we doing Lalisa? I'm unavailable and you're steadfastly single. We can't sleep together anymore. So what's the alternative? Where does that leave us?"

"Do you want the truth?"

"Yes."

Our entrees arrived on a large round tray and the waitress dealt out our dishes one by one. She asked once again if we needed anything and if the food looked appetizing. We both agreed that are dishes looked amazing. She refilled our water glasses before she scurried off.

The energy between us shifted. That buzzing energy that radiating from her to me was as present as ever. I could feel her eyes gauging me as I chewed my food. Heat swarmed in my belly as I fought with everything I had not to look up at her.

I wanted to ask what she was going to say before the food arrived but I was a little afraid to.

We ate lunch in silence.

"What's your truth Lisa?"

She swallowed the remains of her refill and sat up a little straighter. "You're incredible. You're beautiful and brilliant and it's been a pleasure spending time with you. I cannot let you slip through my fingers. Restraining myself while you're sitting across from me has been the hardest thing I've done in a very long time. Despite the fact that you're married, I'm coming for you. I promise, at the end of this you're going to be mine so prepare yourself baby."

~

a/n: uh-oh.