𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩

Signiel Seoul, South Korea

11:08PM

Roseanne's POV.

"Hey, baby," I greeted cheerily.

"Hey, Sweetheart," Taejoon said, as if all the life had been drained from him.

"I'm sorry I missed your call I was going over some case files. What did you need? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I didn't need anything. I just wanted to talk to you."

"How's she treating you?"

"She's very generous. The perfect gentlewoman."

There was a long silence on both ends. I didn't say anything because I knew that there was something he needed to say.

"I shouldn't have let you spend a night with her. I was wrong. Forgiv-" his words broke off when my phone was snatched out of my hand.

I turned to see Lisa pressing a button that ended my phone call.

"What did you do that for?" I raged.

"What did I say about phone calls?"

"I just wanted to talk to him for five minutes."

"We made a deal, remember? No phone calls. No distractions."

"My husband isn't a distraction?"

"Yeah, he is. Because when you're talking to him you're wasting my time with you. You have the rest of your life to talk to him. I'm asking you to be here with me for one night."

"I'm right here with you. What are you talking about?"

She shut her eyes and inhaled a big breath. "Don't call him again."

"I can't speak to him on the phone but you can make him the topic of discussion? What's the difference?"

"I asked about him because I want to know you," she seethed.

"That's the problem Lisa. We aren't supposed to be getting to know each other. I'm not looking for a relationship and neither are you. We are here purely for sex."

I wasn't sure how we even stumbled on this topic but it had to be addressed. I agreed to this hoping to push this woman out of my head.

But the fact was, the more time we spent together the more I liked her. I never meant for this to become what it had and I was scared that we had gone too far.

"What are you afraid of Roseanne?" she said gruffly, charging toward me. "Because you've been running from me since we met."

I shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't meet her gaze.

"Tell me. What you're afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid."

"You are. I think that you're afraid of me, of our connection. You're afraid because you and I are more compatible than you and him."

Lisa stared me down waiting for me to respond.

"Yes, I am afraid. I fucking like you and I don't know how I'm supposed to forget about tonight. How I'm supposed to forget about you?"

"Good. I think it's time you learn that the earth doesn't revolve around him. He's not a god. He's not the be-all and end-all. He's just the first guy you fell in love with and I can almost guarantee he won't be the last."

I felt like she had just knocked the wind out of me. I wanted to be so angry. I wanted to scream and shout but I couldn't. We both knew she was as right as always.