36

"I'm really sorry... But I uh... I'm waiting for somebody to ask me" I rejected the dark brown haired boy as gently as I could.

"oh... Um.. It's alright.." he said, looking down. I patted on his shoulder and give him a soft smile.

"I'm sorry... I really am" I watch the tall Ravenclaw boy nodded his head and walked away. I sighed lowly as I runned my fingers through my hair.

"Elora! How many boyz do you want to reject?" Stella said as the girls begin to walk by my side. I shook my head while pursing my lips.

"I don't know... I just... I'm not feeling for it"

"what d you mean?! You juzt rejected six boyz who asked you to de ball!" Anne said.

"I'm just..."

"waiting for Diggory?" Charlotte said with raised eyebrows. As much as I'm embarrassed to say it but I am waiting for him. I nodded my head lowly as I sighed.

I hear them sigh as we make our way to the Great Hall and sit with Hermione while me staring at Cedric like a fool. Will he ask me to the ball? But I'm his rival, I doubt he would ask me. Including his father who will disapprove for going to the ball with a rival as a date.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't even hear my friends calling out for me "earth to Elora!" I hear someone called my name as I look at Hermione.

"yes?"

"have you find out about the clue?"

I sighed "not yet.."

"where were you staring at?" Stella said, looking at where I just looked.

"n-nothing" shit. Why do I stuttered?

"she's obviously stared at Diggory" Anne teased with a smirk on her face.

"Talking about the clue... Wait... I've read about them somewhere!" I say excitedly and changed the topic as I dashed towards the library, leaving my friends staring at me.

I keep running until I reach the library and regain my composure before walking in calmly. I gave a nod to Madam Pince as I started to search for the book I've read. I skimmed my fingers through the books on the shelves before pulling out a big book of creatures in Wizarding World.

I skipped to the page as I read it  'merpeople can't sing on the land and will let out a loud screech when they're on the land'

So, that means I have to put the egg in the water? I smirked and put the book back on the shelves and walked out of the library towards the Great Hall. I skipped to the hall happily as I sat down next to Hermione. She looked at me weirdly.

"what's wrong with you?"

"I've figured out how to hear the clue"

Harry turned to me in a blink of eyes from his conversation with Ron "really? How?"

"Harry! You can't ask another champion!" Hermione said, slapping his head.

"ow!" I smirked and lean into his ear.

"it's related to water" I pulled back and watch his face turned to a confused one.

"Elora!"

"what? I'm just helping my friend!" she rolled her eyes as she glared at me who's giggling.

Time skip

I tip toed out of the carriage as quiet as possible since the others are sleeping. I have my robes, my hair down and the hood on as I run into the massive castle up to the fifth floor with my golden egg in my hands. I passed Mrs Norris and Filch so it's pretty good for now.