Clingy

Y/n's POV:

I wake up to a brightly lit bedroom, the sun shining in through the thin curtains. Yawning, I shuffle slightly, so I'm facing my boyfriend. I find myself admiring his sharp jawline and perfect curls, wondering how they look so perfect this early.

I missed waking up like this. Brad's career has been taking off lately, and although I'm happy for him, it means he's away performing a lot, so I barely get to see him anymore.

I'm so wrapped up in my thoughts, that I don't notice him open his eyes lazily. "Is there something on my face?" I jump slightly, startled, as my boyfriend lets out a low chuckle. "Morning Bear." I kiss him gently on the cheek before giving him a hug. "Morning love." He stretches before sitting up slightly.

"I'm going to go make some breakfast. How does waffles sound?" I smile up at my perfect boyfriend, biting my lip lightly. "I'll help." He shakes his head at me, an unfamiliar look in his eye. "You just relax and shower. Come down when you're ready." I nod at him, slightly disappointed as I watch him make his way to the kitchen.

I can't shake the feeling that he's going to leave for work again soon, and I hate being apart from him. I shower as quickly as I can, getting dressed and putting my hair into a messy bun.

As I make my way down to the kitchen, I hear him speaking to someone. I pause at the door, trying to make out what he's saying. "Don't get me wrong, I love her. But she's been so clingy lately. It's like I can't get a moment alone. She wants to do everything with me, and she's always touching me. I just... need some space, y'know? I need her to leave me alone. She acts like a child sometimes." I feel tears pool in my eyes, threatening to spill over.

I think back on the week that Brad's been back. I've spent pretty much every moment with him, but that's only because I missed him so much and I love spending time with him.

My mind wanders back to the funny look he had in his eye when I suggested coming down to help him cook. Was it panic? Was he getting sick of me? I quietly make my way back up to our room, wiping my eyes dry. I put some makeup on to disguise my emotions before heading back downstairs, louder this time.

"Hey babe." I smile at him, resisting the urge to go and hug him. "Hey. Any plans for today?" I can't help but feel hurt at the wariness I see in his eyes. I had been planning to spend the day with him, but obviously he didn't want that.

I pause momentarily, trying to think of something. I quickly pull an apologetic face, smiling sadly at him. "I actually made plans with y/f/n today." I try to ignore the obvious relief in his eyes. How could I not have seen it before? "That's okay. I'll just hang out with the boys." I nod at him before eating quickly and sending a quick text to y/f/n, letting her know I'm coming over soon. I slip a jacket on and wave goodbye to Brad, forcing myself not to kiss him.

The next thing I know, I'm at y/f/n's apartment, recounting the phone call I overheard to her. She hugs me tight, making me feel slightly better. "What if he wants to break up?!"
"He just wants a little space. How about me and you go shopping?" I nod in agreement, and we spend the next several hours shopping for outfits. When we're done, we go back to y/f/n's apartment and watch a movie, and at the end of the day, I'm feeling much better. It's 1am when the movie finishes, and I unlock my phone to see a few messages from Brad. I let him know that I lost track of time and that I'm on my way back home.

"We should do this again tomorrow." Y/f/n suggests. "I mean, Brad wants some space, and I want more time with my bestie. It's a win-win, right?" I nod in agreement, and we make plans to meet up again the next day.

When I get home, I try to be as quiet as possible. I change into my night things before getting into bed, trying not to disturb Brad. "Y/n?" He asks sleepily.
"Hey B."
"Where were you?"
"Sorry. Me and y/f/n lost track of time." He smiles tiredly at me before wrapping his arms around my torso. I stiffen slightly, remembering what he said about touching him too much. I wait a few moments before rolling out of his embrace.