Have You Seen My Son?

"Have you seen my son?" the frantic mother asked.

The old man who lived next door shook his head.

The mother knocked on every door on the street.

" Have you seen my son?" she asked over and over.

None of her neighbors had seen the boy. No one knew where he was.

The mother went to the police station and asked the officer behind the desk, " Have you see my son?"

The police organized a search for the missing boy. They got a recent photo of him from his mother and passed it around. They made announcements on the television and radio, asking for information. They searched the houses, poked through the alleys, combed fields and dredged rivers, but there was no sign of the child.

Every morning, the mother left her house and put up posters all over the town. Each one had a picture of a little boy on it and the caption below read: " Have you seen my son?"

Once a week, the mother would go down to the police station and ask the officer at the desk, " Have you seen my son?"

Each time, the officer would sigh, shake his head sadly, and say, " I'm sorry, ma'am. Not yet."

Each time, the mother walked home with a smile on her face. They would never find her son. She had hidden his body well.