3. Aedion/Rhys

Aedion had been unconscious for most of his ride on the horse. There were moments where he woke up only to look around for a few seconds before he was out cold again. He knew from the direction the horse was moving that they were heading towards the Oakwald Forest, he also knew that he was in the process of dying. Every time the horse took a step he could feel pain in his chest from where the Valg Prince lashed out his power and hit him straight on. Aedion was trying his best to stay awake but could feel the darkness coming to claim him. This time, he wouldn't let that happen and fought to keep awake.

As Aedion took in his surroundings he could see a pathway that looked strangely familiar, it took him a few moments to register that this was the pathway that was in that strange dream that he had. Without so much as a thought, Aedion sat up in his saddle and rode the horse through the pathway, leaving his escort behind. He wouldn't believe my story, and with that thought he signaled to his horse to go faster; leaving the escort a small dot in a large forest. 

Aedion had been riding for ages, contemplating turning around to go back to his escort until all of a sudden the clearing from his dream was laid out in front of him, and he could see the door - still with that purple mist around it. He would have gasped, but his chest was hurting too much for him to do anything but smile. He suddenly thought to himself, How am I supposed to help Aelin if I'm injured? What if the door leads me right into Maeve's chambers and she captures me as well? What if Elena was lying to me? These thoughts were what stopped him from bolting directly through the door and into what was beyond it. He sniffed, thinking his Fae senses could help him figure out what was on the other end of the door. He only smelled a scent of jasmine and citrus, with the salty smell of an ocean.

He mulled it over and decided that there wasn't anything bad about the scents and he turned the doorknob and walked through the door.

                                                                               * * *

Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court, was feeling like absolute shit. It had been a month since his mate, Feyre had left to spy on the Spring Court and everytime Rhys had thought about her since he had wanted to tear a room apart. He was currently walking down the hallway that lead to the library, he could have just as easily winnowed but he couldn't attempt to use magic without his mate around. 

Rhys was hit with a new sense of dread once he reached the library, his mate loved it here and he could feel the pain of losing her all over again. But he had to do this, he had to keep it together so Feyre wouldn't feel like coming home because of him. He sent a wave of love and support down the bond, hopefully she could feel it, the bond has been not very successful when communicating because of the distance. They had to either send that little scrap of paper back and forth or some delightful images of what they intended to do to each other once they were in the same room again. Rhys chuckled at the thought and continued on down the stairs to where he needed a torch to see. 

He walked for hours among the bookshelves, looking for something that could contain information of how to beat Hybern and get his mate back into his arms. Rhys was about to give up, but he saw a book that had silver ink on the cover. That's interesting, he thought to himself as he picked out the book. He picked it up and read the title, "The Walking Dead," he read aloud to himself. He could feel something off  about the book. He didn't know what, so he put the book back. 

As soon as he put the book back, he felt an unknown presence in Velaris, and with one more look at the book he winnowed towards the whatever the hell was in his city. 

Sorry this took me so long to write, I've been having spurts of motivation and that's when I write but as easily as they come, they go, so it has been hard to just sit down and write. But I hope you guys like this chapter and I'll be working on the next one shortly!