13. Rhys/Aedion/Fenrys

It had been just another normal dinner when he heard Feyre's voice in his head. I'm coming home, right now. Then she appeared at the end of the dining table, with the broken women from her memory, who seems to be not as broken on the outside but fighting a war on the inside. I can hear Aedion's breath hitch beside me. I can't stop myself from scooping Feyre up in an embrace with my wings on full display. I see Aelin take a step back to let us have our time. I heard more than saw Aedion slowly walk up to Aelin, as if he never thought he'd see her again. He knew the same look was in both their eyes as they saw the one person they were living for in front of them again. Get off of me you Illyrian baby, Feyre spoke softly into my mind. I reluctantly let go of her and took in the girl, wait, female. She had pointed ears. I had thought that since Aedion was human, Aelin would be human as well. I voiced as much and got a chuckle out of Aedion.

"There's your mistake Rhys, I'm not fully human. I'm a Demi-Fae, I just look to be human, but I have almost the same swiftness and strength as a Fae. Aelin was the lucky one, being able to shift between forms."

Rhysand was dumbstruck, this male was a half-breed, just like him? No wonder they had grown to like each other, and how taking on Cassian was not an overwhelming challenge. He looked towards his general and gave a quick nod saying, "Well, I guess you aren't bad enough to lose to a human, Cassian, just a half breed."

Feyre looked towards Aedion with a shocked expression, "You managed to beat the best general Prythian has ever seen? Without magic and a fully Fae body?" 

"I guess our humans are just a lot tougher where we come from." Aedion said with a chuckle. Then his eyes darkened, "The Fae in my world were banished from Erilea, magic was outlawed, so us who appeared or were human had to get tougher to compete with the others." Cassian had a solemn look in his eye and Azriel's shadows had started swirling around him.

"Aelin," he said quietly. She looked at him at the mention of her name. "Would you happen to know anyone named Rowan Whitethorn?"

"Ask Feyre," Aelin said. "She invaded my mind and practically knows everything about me. I don't feel like talking or getting to know any of you since one of your leaders decided to breach my mind without permission."

Aedion stood in front of Aelin protectively, "How much did she see?" He asked quietly, altough everyone could hear.

" Everything until the boat ride back to Adarlan." She said, and Aedion's nostrils flared. 

"You had no right!" He roared at Feyre. "You had no right to infiltrate her mind. I don't care who you are or what your thoughts were. She is a person and she could have just as easily told you what you wanted to know!" 

"Aedion," Rhy said calmly, "I would like it if you would not talk to my mate like that." We are going to talk about this later. He spoke in Feyre's mind, he felt her nod against his shoulder and left it at that.

"Rowan Whitethorn is Aelin's mate." Feyre said timidly, clearly regretting her decision to invade Aelin's mind. "How do you know about him Az?"

Azriel turned his head to his shadows, "Because they told me the legend of Rowan Whitethorn, how he is here and how he is the most powerful Fae warrior where he comes from. He is in Hybern, no signs to show he will be coming soon, but he will be coming eventually."

            * * *

Fenrys had never seen Maeve so pissed off before, and he had seen her very pissed off. She beat Cairn using her dark magic, until he no longer had a face, but she still kept him alive - the healers were working on getting his face back together. Fenrys hoped Cairn would be left with a scar for the rest of his immortal life, which would most likely end when Aelin and Rowan returned. Maeve had almost punished him for Aelin escaping, until she remembered how she had commanded him to stay put in his wolf form, so he was physically unable to do anything to stop the young queen from escaping. 

As his punishment, he was spending all of his time in Maeve's bed, being ready to be used until she had come up with a plan to get Aelin back into her possession - her control. Maeve still had some use for her it seems, and she was willing to take major risks to be able to accomplish her goals. 

Two weeks after Aelin disappeared, Maeve called Fenrys into her throne room. "I have a plan," her voice boomed throughout the room. "I have a plan to get Aelin back, and you are going to be the one to retrieve her." Fenrys felt himself gulp as he took in the information. 

"How are you going to get to Aelin?" Fenrys cautiously asked, "She used Wrydmarks to escape and those can be a bother to copy down."

"It's simple really," Maeve crooned, "All I had to do was use my magic to replicate them, The Wrydmarks come from darkness and even the darkness has to submit to me." Maeve got up from her throne, expecting Fenrys to follow, so he did. They walked down the corridor into the room where Aelin used to be kept. They walked further and Maeve looked at the empty pedestal where the coffin used to sit and held out a hand. Suddenly an illusion of the opened coffin came into view, and all over the inside were those godsdamned marks. Fenrys had no idea as to how Aelin would be able to make all of those precise marks while being in pure, undiluted, darkness, but there they were. No smudges or anything. Maeve chuckled to herself, "You really think you are clever my dearest niece." She started full-blown laughing. "But alas, it seems as though I have the upper hand now."

Maeve turned to look at me. "Now I know that you like to worm your way out of my commands, because of the distance, so I am going to make the blood oath stronger." A cut appeared on her wrist as she said this." She started speaking in a language even Fenrys could not understand. A smile grew on her face as she said, "Drink." Fenrys tried his best to resist, but he couldn't and lifted her wrist up to his mouth and drank. "Good." Maeve said, "Now here is my command: You will use these marks to make a portal, you will go through this portal and find Aelin Galathynius. When you find her, you will take her by any means necessary - even by killing yourself if it comes to that, I know Aelin wouldn't let you end up like Connall. Once you have her, you will come back through the portal and wrap her in iron chains. Nod if you understand."

Fenrys had no other to choice than to nod, he could feel his blood heat by even hesitating. "Yes my queen," he said through gritted teeth. "I understand and am more than capable of completing this task. Maeve smiled and walked out of the room. He turned towards those marks and made quick work of making new ones in their exact image. As soon as he finished the last one - a green portal appeared before him. I'm sorry Aelin, He thought to himself, but I'm coming for you, and I will not be able to fail."  With that, Fenrys walked through the portal.

A/N: Finally an update, brought to you by messy schedules and procrastination. Sorry my upload schedule is terrible, but I can really only write when ideas pop into my head, I'm not really good at forcing myself to write and seeing what happens, so my ideas come in spurts. I hope Fenrys' entrance doesn't feel weird or seem out of place, he's one of my favorite characters and I finally had an idea of how to introduce him into the story. There might be another character from the past as well. Hopefully I will be able to update soon again because ideas keep flowing through my head hehe

Anywhooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and remember to comment on things you liked or things that didn't necessarily work out :))) Peace outtt