Chapter 17: What is Love

" Why the hell did you have to invite that guy to our party? "

Aron yells annoyed at Ron as we walk into the house.

" He was a total hunk, I couldn't help myself. "

" You know, one day you being a pervert is going to put us in danger. "

Aron huffs annoyed, rolling his eyes.

" Oh you're one to talk, if it was a hot girl you would have done the same! "

" Not if it was a hot girl attracted to our innocent little house guest over there. "

He mutters annoyed and I turn my attention to him, confused by his comment.

" By the way, how did a guy like that end up helping you? He's not exactly known for being a helping hand. "

Aron retorts, waiting for an answer. I'm about to respond but then remembering our first encounter, my face starts to turn red. What do I tell them? It sounds crazy to just say we met by him randomly kissing me, I mean I myself still don't know what to think about it.

" Ohhh her face is going all red, maybe she's not as innocent as we think. "

Ron snickers, poking my face.

" No! It-it's not like that! We didn't do anything bad...."

I say, looking at the floor trying to put my thoughts together. Kissing isn't bad, is it? Kissing is just an innocent act, although I still don't understand why he kissed me of all people. Someone he doesn't know a thing about.

" Didn't do anything bad? But you did do something didn't you? Just not what you consider bad. "

Aron says, slyly putting his arm around me.

" Guys can you shut the hell up, I can hear you from upstairs. "

Tobias says, walking in looking half a sleep. He looks over at Aron, seeing his arm around me and as Aron gives him a smug smile, Tobias walks over and smacks him on the head.

" Ow! "

" Stop attempting to seduce her, only the desperate ones fall for that. "

Tobias says, walking over to the kitchen to get some chips.

" You know, you doubting my powers of seduction just makes me want to seduce her more. "

" Can we please stop talking about this..."

I whine.

" I agree, how about we discuss what you two were yelling about. "

Tobias ask Aron and Ron. They both look at each other, seeming slightly uncomfortable by his question.

" Addison has seemed to already have the boys chasing after her. "

Tobias looks at me for answers and I yet again turn red and look at the floor.

" I keep saying it's not like that but they won't listen. "

" It's only been one day in class guys, I doubt she's already chasing after some dude. "

Tobias tells them, yet he seems to be directing it more towards himself. Like he himself is questioning if it's true or not. Silence fills the room just long enough for everyone to feel uncomfortable, luckily Aron speaks up.

" Well I guess we should make sure we have everything for the party. "

Ron gives him a questionable look and raises his eyebrow.

" Uh, we have enough alcohol to get an entire army drunk. I think we are good. "

Aron stares at his brother like he's a complete idiot and motions towards the door. It takes Ron a second but then his mouth goes in a "O" shape and he rushes out with his brother shaking his head, not far behind him.

" Don't feel to bad about those guys, they're just poking fun at you. "

Tobias says, sitting down next to me.

" I know, it's just...weird. You're really the only guy I've hung out with on a regular basis so it's strange to think dating is even on the table. "

I say awkwardly.

" What? Is it that hard to picture yourself dating me? "

He ask laughing but I can hear the hurt in his voice.

" Tobias I -"

" No it's fine. "

He says getting up.

" It's my fault for asking, I'm going to help Aron and Ron. I'll see you in a bit. "

Before I can say another word, he's out of sight. I feel terrible but I don't want to lie to him. Then again I've never had any kind of relationship with a guy other than him, what is it I'm exactly suppose to feel? Obviously I have an idea from movies and shows but is that accurate or am I clueless? Maybe all love is, is friendship and physical attraction.